Ac cools a bit then warm? May have found the fix.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update... So I think I have gotten to the bottom of it...

So Now when the compressor cycles I can feel a slight temp difference through the vents... But Im running the blower on 3 and 4 all the time now vs 5 and 6... Its getting interior temp into the low 70s and high 60s most days with outside at 98-102... It works better than when I bought it almost 2 years ago... I am guessing the passenger side has the evap temp sensor that cycles clutch when needed to prevent freeze up. So it seems the blend actuator for the drivers side being dirty, and maybe the reflash BCM for the ac control was the big fix... The blend door being dirty allowed it to be slightly cracked allowing some heat through when the compressor cycled it would be a heat take over basically...

With the help of some comedians here we got this one licked I think... Thanks guys.

I'm waiting till the fall/winter to do the passenger side actuator with the same treatment...

12-1.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update... So I think I have gotten to the bottom of it...

So Now when the compressor cycles I can feel a slight temp difference through the vents... But Im running the blower on 3 and 4 all the time now vs 5 and 6... Its getting interior temp into the low 70s and high 60s most days with outside at 98-102... It works better than when I bought it almost 2 years ago... I am guessing the passenger side has the evap temp sensor that cycles clutch when needed to prevent freeze up. So it seems the blend actuator for the drivers side being dirty, and maybe the reflash BCM for the ac control was the big fix... The blend door being dirty allowed it to be slightly cracked allowing some heat through when the compressor cycled it would be a heat take over basically...

With the help of some comedians here we got this one licked I think... Thanks guys.

I'm waiting till the fall/winter to do the passenger side actuator with the same treatment...

View attachment 229166
We have comedians here? Where, who, what? There was one??

Ps glad you have a/c .... hot sucks

Denali Deen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2010 Denali has been doing the same thing with the compressor cycling off and blowing warmish air randomly when its over 95. I replaced the compressor first and no change then the pressure switch on the a/c line that seemed to make it a little better but still acts up so i am going to have to check this actuator and hopefully will be the fix for me too. where exactly is that actuator?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu