AC Delco has gone down the crapper like everything else

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The advantage of reputable dealers, even if they accidentally get counterfeit parts is that they will stand behind their items if they fail. This may not cover shipping, labor, or other expenses, but the part you bought from them will be replaced under warranty. That kind of defines reputable dealers.

Additionally, it just may be quality control has taken a dump, so you're just as likely to get crap from someone random on Amazon/eBay as you are from a reputable dealer.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially when it comes to products on amazon that are fulfilled by amazon.
You can have sellers that list the product, and sell counterfeit items, or you can have customers returning items that are bad or counterfeit and some of those make it back in the good inventory to sell again.
The third party sellers are the problem, I believe that’s what you mean fulfilled by Amazon. If they’re sold by Amazon they’re most likely the real thing but Amazon can’t monitor all the third party sellers unless they’re tipped off by buyers. Same thing as buying from an EBay seller, they’re all independent with no oversight. I just make sure to read the reviews. If it’s counterfeit you’ll usually see a bunch of complaints that parts didn’t fit or only lasted a short time.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The advantage of reputable dealers, even if they accidentally get counterfeit parts is that they will stand behind their items if they fail. This may not cover shipping, labor, or other expenses, but the part you bought from them will be replaced under warranty. That kind of defines reputable dealers.

Additionally, it just may be quality control has taken a dump, so you're just as likely to get crap from someone random on Amazon/eBay as you are from a reputable dealer.
We refer to those as "Late Friday Parts".

Reaction score
Like @Fless said, the screen is not used on your 2004 Yukon, so it is a real good thing that you "forgot" to install because you would still be trying. Now, I agree that a part that fails after only 3 months sucks but there are differences. A Genuine GM oil sender for your 04 Yukon is this one: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=8742996&cc=1425327&pt=4588&jsn=921. Did you get one with a screen, the wrong application, and "forget" to install the supplied screen or did you get a Genuine GM part and there was no screen and then found out later that maybe you installed the wrong one that came without a screen?

Also, did you install the recommended pig tail #PT1825 when you did the oil pressure switch replacement?
I did not change the pigtail, perhaps that's the issue. Thanks for the info. I have the original oil pressure switch, will put that back in when doing the pigtail. The replacement ac delco switch was purchased from rock auto. It lasted 3 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar