Has AC Delco gone down hill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blk00ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has AC Delco gone down hill (kind of like GM)? I typically replace all parts with OEM parts. 3 weeks ago I decided to swap out the oil pressure sensor with a new AC Delco one. I did this because I had suspicions that the oil sending unit that was in the truck was leaking. Old one still worked from when I replaced it 5 years ago. Walked out today to start the truck and let it warm up from a cold evening and boom, we're at 80psi. The reason I ask this question is because there have been a few times in the past year or two where I have questioned some of the AC Delco stuff I've bought. And just like everything else I wonder if AC Delco has gone cheapy

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that there have been some changes, and I believe that AC Delco now has a tiered set of offerings, based on quality and longevity. Still, at any tier, you should be able to expect the new part to work properly upon installation.

Other folks in this Forum will chime in with the details.

OP
OP
B

Blk00ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that there have been some changes, and I believe that AC Delco now has a tiered set of offerings, based on quality and longevity. Still, at any tier, you should be able to expect the new part to work properly upon installation.

Other folks in this Forum will chime in with the details.
Exactly my point. The old unit I pulled from years ago was a Masterpro. Cheap knockoff offered by Oreillys I believe. Still worked. Maybe I just got a lemon. Definitely didn't expect to see 80psi with this 3 week old AC Delco unit. Fortunately AZ said they'd take it back with no issue. I just gotta get it back out of the truck.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you look at my build thread, I planned to replace components in stages because I knew I wanted to keep my rig and that eventually some components would be needed. I ordered Genuine GM OE parts and was willing to wait because I did parts before they would give me a problem. Yes, there are some AC Delco parts on there but I guess I got lucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts