AC Delco has gone down the crapper like everything else

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I once forgot to replace the filter sleeve shown here, the OE/Genuine/AC Delco (made in Mexico) part only made it about 3 months. I'd get this one and change out the filter sleeve. Also, clean up the ground strap back there and check connections. Keep meaning to do it. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9452316&cc=1425349&pt=4588&jsn=1025
Like @Fless said, the screen is not used on your 2004 Yukon, so it is a real good thing that you "forgot" to install because you would still be trying. Now, I agree that a part that fails after only 3 months sucks but there are differences. A Genuine GM oil sender for your 04 Yukon is this one: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=8742996&cc=1425327&pt=4588&jsn=921. Did you get one with a screen, the wrong application, and "forget" to install the supplied screen or did you get a Genuine GM part and there was no screen and then found out later that maybe you installed the wrong one that came without a screen?

Also, did you install the recommended pig tail #PT1825 when you did the oil pressure switch replacement?

Last edited:

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have had horrible luck with Oil Pressure Senders on my '05 Yukon. Been through several. Even posted about my last failure 6 mos ago. It seems all across other forums the consensus is the same. There are a lot of counterfeit parts. AC Delco is mfg'd in Mexico and China now so it's got to be very easy to get a counterfeit without knowing it. Especially from Amazon. They don't vet their suppliers and it's too easy to get one from them. I once posed the question, if there's so many counterfeits how does even a reputable supplier control what they get? Pretty sure they don't do independent testing. Think about it.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Counterfeit AC Delco injectors (bought online) cost me a motor. One stuck open, filled cyl 3 with fuel, hydraulic'd the motor.

I've had mixed luck with genuine AC Delco parts as well through reputable suppliers. I'm more inclined to go with other brands now.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have had horrible luck with Oil Pressure Senders on my '05 Yukon. Been through several. Even posted about my last failure 6 mos ago. It seems all across other forums the consensus is the same. There are a lot of counterfeit parts. AC Delco is mfg'd in Mexico and China now so it's got to be very easy to get a counterfeit without knowing it. Especially from Amazon. They don't vet their suppliers and it's too easy to get one from them. I once posed the question, if there's so many counterfeits how does even a reputable supplier control what they get? Pretty sure they don't do independent testing. Think about it.
Especially when it comes to products on amazon that are fulfilled by amazon.
You can have sellers that list the product, and sell counterfeit items, or you can have customers returning items that are bad or counterfeit and some of those make it back in the good inventory to sell again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos