95 tahoe water leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vendo

Reaction score
I looked at the kick panel and see no way water can get in,but under sill panel there was a puddle of water,roof was not wet..i heard the cowl could leak water down inside cab..both sides are the same spot for leak,just behind kick panel.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few threads about these leaks that are very detailed. Try removing the cowl wiper arm cover and look in there for deteriorated/cracked seam sealer outboard of the wipers.Use a urethane sealant.
Sometimes a garden hose will show you exact spot.

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
i sealed the windshield in case,they say florida stuff rots from the roof down..lol

SgtPreston

Reaction score
OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
rain storms... i noticed the windshield fogging on the inside,i grew up in a car dealership..been playing with cars my whole life..this is my 4th blazer in a 2 dr..

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
I looked in the kick panel and there is no way water can come in there,its sealed to the interior,we are getting a blizzard this thurs..gonna be hard to take cowl off to look..lol

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The passenger side can leak through this screw down into the blower intake. It doesn’t really sound like your issue, but doesn’t hurt to remove it and reseal the screw.

bbad1e70c4dfbd4b869536f0990bf7eb.jpg

On my 98, the sill plates filled up by bad weatherstripping on the passenger side. On the driver side it was weatherstripping, a leaking rear window (two door) and also rain splashing out through the inner door vent behind the door panel.

In other words, a water hose test would be your best bet to spot the leak - admittedly not too appealing if you’re in a snow storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
will look at cowl this week,hopfully it will warm up some,now i had a remote starter put in and after i run engine put key in and put it in gear,next time i step on brake,truck dies completely for about 2 min,like its in theft mode and kills everything..doh always something.

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
we had a 3 in rainstorm,i stuck the truck in my tent till i can take cowl off and see whats up in there..

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
took cowl off and looked into it,still leaking.matt under rug is so soaked,dyring it out now in dec..lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC