4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the rear dual piston caliper mod next.

Calipers from the 2006 Suburban are dual piston with 330mm/12.99" vented rotors.

I might run up to Autozone this weekend and get some parts to test fit......if they don't work, I'll return them.

Awesome. Looking on Rock Auto the 2WD caliper does have a different look than a AWD/4WD. But can’t tell much else looking on there so you may want to try one of each.

I did this a year ago [emoji106] works fine, nothing major

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Any more info you can share? I see in your signature you have an 08. Did you use the 2WD or 4WD caliper? Did the GMT-800 rotor work fine with the 900 parking brake?

Last edited:

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t have hydroboost? I’d be upgrading to that before these big brakes…

You don’t need hydroboost. All the 1500 GMT-900s and K2 trucks have vacuum boosters.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s the 21 upgrade on my friend’s 05 Silverado. These 20” wheels clear with no spacer needed.

View attachment 277412

Any feedback from actual driving conditions?? Hydroboost or vac boost? Drum or disk in the back of that silverado? How long has your friend had them on? I'm waiting to install mine until more feedback comes across. Not that 2 vehicles are alike but the feedback from real-world driving is important to me.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt say you NEED hydro boost- but it’s a lot better than vacuum boost

I'd bet with controlled testing the vac boost to hydro boost upgrade would prove to be a greater improvement than NBS to 21+ front brake upgrade.

I was blown away when I did the hydroboost upgrade. Only brake upgrade I could really tell made a difference.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd bet with controlled testing the vac boost to hydro boost upgrade would prove to be a greater improvement than NBS to 21+ front brake upgrade.

I was blown away when I did the hydroboost upgrade. Only brake upgrade I could really tell made a difference.

I have to disagree. I used to have an 05 Tahoe that had hydroboost, got rid of that and have an 06 Sierra Denali with vacuum brakes.... I HATE hydroboost in comparison to vacuum brakes. This is even after driving down the Rocky Mountains. The only advantages I see with hydroboost is the pedal feel is constant, and as long as you don't lose power steering system, you'll always have brakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz