<3k miles - 3rd time back for service. Seeking thoughts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

nickbeckss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well the truck spent the week at the service department (dropped off Monday, picked up Friday)... swathdiver you were pretty dead on. Their experienced tech (40+ yrs per the Service Manager) was tasked with tracking down the cause of "excessive voltage drop" that was identified at the fuel level sensor. They traced it back to a connector where the gas tank harness connects into the main body harness near one of the shock towers (service documents indicate: Installed 19119842 : SL-N-WIRE (08965-BOPCK) 19119, Replaced the Harness Connector at X125). Hopefully that's the end of my issues.

Curious if any of you with technical document access have any details on the items and locations of the replacement 19119842, 08965-BOPCK, 19119 or X125??

Also regarding the homelink... they did a test with a J41540 Transceiver Tester and found that module to be bad and also replaced that.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the truck spent the week at the service department (dropped off Monday, picked up Friday)... swathdiver you were pretty dead on. Their experienced tech (40+ yrs per the Service Manager) was tasked with tracking down the cause of "excessive voltage drop" that was identified at the fuel level sensor. They traced it back to a connector where the gas tank harness connects into the main body harness near one of the shock towers (service documents indicate: Installed 19119842 : SL-N-WIRE (08965-BOPCK) 19119, Replaced the Harness Connector at X125). Hopefully that's the end of my issues.

Curious if any of you with technical document access have any details on the items and locations of the replacement 19119842, 08965-BOPCK, 19119 or X125??

Also regarding the homelink... they did a test with a J41540 Transceiver Tester and found that module to be bad and also replaced that.
Did they manage to fix this for you, finally?

OP
OP
N

nickbeckss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did they manage to fix this for you, finally?

Nope... check engine light with P0463 code showed back up on Sunday 10/8... I'm working towards buyback but the GM process reminds me of the mortgage underwriting process... between the case worker, service dept mgr, DM of aftersales it's a big game of telephone, document submission, review and waiting.

Thus far the vehicle has been in 4 times, but the service department did the first two on the same repair order... so the latest feedback from my case handler was that from their records it has only been in 3 times. I provided the documentation which clearly showed two repair order close dates, with different notes, but the same repair order number.

Any tips or recommendations from those that have gone thru buyback would be greatly appreciated. Each time I talk to the case manager it seems pointless because all he does is document and forward on to the other players involved (DM of after sales, service manager, etc). I can only imagine what the RVDC step in this process will involve.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are making me nit want a new truck anymore...guess ill start looking for that NEW ‘14....

The bulk of people I talk to on the road love their 2015 plus Tahoe,Suburban and Yukon..If one parks near me at a rest stop or anywhere else on one my trips from Miami-NYC I always ask them if they have any issues with their vehicle.

Yesterday I was in the Times Square area and asked about 10 Livery drivers who were standing outside their vehicle [2015 plus Suburban and Yukon XL] if they had any complaints about their vehicle..All said no issues.

Last I looked the sales of Tahoe's and Suburban's have not changed since 2011.

With that said I would not buy any used vehicle without seeing EVERY SERVICE RECORD from time of purchase.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bulk of people I talk to on the road love their 2015 plus Tahoe,Suburban and Yukon..If one parks near me at a rest stop or anywhere else on one my trips from Miami-NYC I always ask them if they have any issues with their vehicle.

Yesterday I was in the Times Square area and asked about 10 Livery drivers who were standing outside their vehicle [2015 plus Suburban and Yukon XL] if they had any complaints about their vehicle..All said no issues.

Last I looked the sales of Tahoe's and Suburban's have not changed since 2011.

With that said I would not buy any used vehicle without seeing EVERY SERVICE RECORD from time of purchase.

1) most livery drivers don’t own their vehicles. They couldn’t give a crap if the thing vibrates a little over 80mph or has to go into the shop. It’s not their responsibility.

I was taking a livery to the airport a while back and the thing boomed and vibrated terribly. I asked the guy if he liked the truck (suburban) and he said it was his favorite in the fleet.

2) same goes for most humans. They either don’t notice or don’t care. A buddy of mine has a Tahoe. Says it’s great. Drove with him and it booms. He’s like “oh yeah that? No biggie it’s a lease”.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) most livery drivers don’t own their vehicles. They couldn’t give a crap if the thing vibrates a little over 80mph or has to go into the shop. It’s not their responsibility.

I was taking a livery to the airport a while back and the thing boomed and vibrated terribly. I asked the guy if he liked the truck (suburban) and he said it was his favorite in the fleet.

2) same goes for most humans. They either don’t notice or don’t care. A buddy of mine has a Tahoe. Says it’s great. Drove with him and it booms. He’s like “oh yeah that? No biggie it’s a lease”.

This has been my experience exactly. Been on many where owner says it's great and then after 15min I notice booming, buffeting, vibrations that wouldn't last one day with me.

Heather

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've asked people driving '15-'17 Tahoe/Yukon about their experience - they love them. My '15 Denali had trim flying off around the window while I was driving (a known defect according to my service advisor), electronic problems (known defect), left front suspension issue covered by TSB fix (known issue), steering column part replacement to fix the popping sound while driving (known defect).

I don't have the buffeting/vibration b/c I have 20's. There have been transmission replacements 4k to 50k miles on these trucks, roof bars glued down, rear a/c systems fixed, antennas and sunroofs that leak. Shocks, axles, seats... The list goes on for some of these SUV owners. I'm guessing the ones on the road got lucky and love them. Another survey demographic would be the service department lobby where owners are waiting to drop off or pick up their vehicles. Those owners don't have the luxury of driving down the road and loving the $80k SUV they purchased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat