21+ Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should of installed a corsa muffler. I have zero drone.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the factory Perf exhaust and the only time I hear drone is on the highway cruise control set 65-85. The DFM/AFM kicks in and I do get some drone when the engine is being asked to work low cylinder mode. It is not terrible. It does go away as soon as the engine needs to go back to v8. The factory kit does have 1 adaptive valve in front of the Muffler.

My wife has not commented about it yet so the drone is cannot be that bad.

Anybody have word from Range on the AFM disabler? https://www.rangetechnology.com/products/afm-dfm_disabler/

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll check Monday - Swapped muffler only.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates to those whom have installed performance mufflers? @Bigmanny how are you liking your setup? I’m SO on the fence with this and if I should pull the trigger on the 6.2 OEM setup for my Denali that just arrived.

When COVID lets up and I’m back to my normal job operation, I’ll be spending 30-40k per year on the highway and I just am concerned about drone driving me insane. That’s my biggest fear of switching.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OEM perf exhaust is pretty tame, but it does wake the vehicle up and sounds great when you get on throttle. My wife has 2020 Lexus RX V6 that had a better sounding cold start than my 6.2 V8. The drone is only noticeable in those highspeed cruise situations when the thing is in 10th gear and using minimal cylinders, that being said it is not that bad. If you use the L Button to select your max gear and leave it at 8 you will never notice the drone when on the highway. Anybody know if the range select also disables the AFM/DFM?

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OEM perf exhaust is pretty tame, but it does wake the vehicle up and sounds great when you get on throttle. My wife has 2020 Lexus RX V6 that had a better sounding cold start than my 6.2 V8. The drone is only noticeable in those highspeed cruise situations when the thing is in 10th gear and using minimal cylinders, that being said it is not that bad. If you use the L Button to select your max gear and leave it at 8 you will never notice the drone when on the highway. Anybody know if the range select also disables the AFM/DFM?

Thank you! That's great feedback. My dealer has a Sierra with the 6.2 and the performance exhaust. May take it for a highway drive to see if I can hear any drone. My concern is that I'll spend 99% of my time driving my Yukon in 10th gear with the cruise set at 75 MPH. With that being said, I certainly don't NEED a performance exhaust, but "GTHO of here with that logic" is what I tell myself!!!

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only hear the drone in a way that bothers me when it is in low cylinder mode but trying to work a little bit. For example, on a long stretch of highway that has a slight incline. car is accelerating but not enough to make it want kick back into V8. When traversing that stretch of highway (slight decline) no drone. The fix is to give it some juice which knocks it back into V8 mode.

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa Muffler that installed - cp300ct universal muffler - 3"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792