Ok guys. I had a nice chunk of accessory credit from GM and bit the bullet on the GM Performance Exhaust. Had it installed today and drove about 30 highway miles and a little bit around town. Notes below...
- The new exhaust tips are bigger and Chrome with the bowtie stamped on top. There are no holes on the inside of the tips like factory.
- The resonators behind the tips are about 1/2 the size of the OEM
- There is not a flapper valve on the egress side the muffler (this was standard on the 6.2L)
- still a very big suitcase muffler
- and still a flapper valve on the ingress side of the muffler just past the flex pipe
The exhaust has nice deep sound, but nothing too crazy. You certainly hear it when getting on the throttle. Highway was good a little bit of drone (with cruise control) that I am assuming is when the DFM kicks, but it goes away. I had cruise set to 75 and I noticed it 2-3 times across the 30 miles. If I applied a bit of gas it goes away instantly. Also, had the stereo off the whole way and no kids fighting.
View attachment 265240 View attachment 265241 View attachment 265242 View attachment 265243 View attachment 265244