2023 Yukon Denali 6.2L, Dead at 3600 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NoYukonYet_1Jeep
Reaction score
Think somebody else recently on this board posted a similair thing. also brand new. it will be fixed i’m sure. possibly fuel pump.
Wouldn’t it at least turn over if it was fuel pump ? Barely even makes a click when I attempted to start it

OP
OP
NoYukonYet_1Jeep
Reaction score
If you read page 376 in owner's manual in link shows procedure for flatbed vehicle. The tow company that dealer sends should be able to get vehicle set to load but they didn't but also didn't damage vehicle buy not knowing just a lot of frustration for you.
Yeah - this is exactly what we did when 2nd tow truck arrived. Flat bed was not ideal for a car locked in park.

We used the dollies which was the only way to not damage the drive train, per the local GMC dealer .

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give it a chance. I had a new Grand Cherokee and it was in the shop like crazy the 1st 6 months. But after that for 6 years it settled in to be a great vehicle…..
At least give them a round or two to fix it, then call the shots later if still unhappy…..

OP
OP
NoYukonYet_1Jeep
Reaction score
This is is good advice. I’ll try to stay positive and be patient while dealer diagnoses.

We did have a road trip coming up which would have been quite comfortable in the new Yukon which we’ll now have to rely on borrowing the in-laws vehicle . Some inconveniences for now, hopefully we’re back up and running soon.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah - this is exactly what we did when 2nd tow truck arrived. Flat bed was not ideal for a car locked in park.

We used the dollies which was the only way to not damage the drive train, per the local GMC dealer .
In owner's manual there is way to put vehicle in car wash mode that will let them flat bed and two holes in frame to winch with.They will have to do that at dealer to move in service bay probably.

OP
OP
NoYukonYet_1Jeep
Reaction score
In owner's manual there is way to put vehicle in car wash mode that will let them flat bed and two holes in frame to winch with.They will have to do that at dealer to move in service bay probably.
Interesting- I see it here, page 207-208 of the manual. It does specifically say to not use this for towing though. It also looks like the engine would need to be running in order to initiate the steps for car wash mode. Wouldn’t have been an option for me in this particular scenario - no running engine.

Attachments

• 6604C8DA-0D6E-4F47-94B2-4ED389778525.jpeg
    6604C8DA-0D6E-4F47-94B2-4ED389778525.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 18

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting- I see it here, page 207-208 of the manual. It does specifically say to not use this for towing though. It also looks like the engine would need to be running in order to initiate the steps for car wash mode. Wouldn’t have been an option for me in this particular scenario - no running engine.
Yea wouldn't use to tow but to get on flatbed would work.

OP
OP
NoYukonYet_1Jeep
Reaction score
Would be amazing if it is the battery. Entire dash was still all lit and everything else seemed to be firing as normal which made me think battery was okay. The first tow truck also hooked up a jumper pack and let it charge for ~30 min and starter still wouldn’t crank.

Would think you’d get a low battery warning or if alternator died another type of alert. Was very difficult to troubleshoot on the spot. Hopefully more answers this week.

Dragon800

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a brand new 23 denali ultimate that’s been in the shop a month. Battery keeps draining. Car alarm goes off, replaced glass w sensor in cargo rear and still problem persists. Onstar alerts say rear hatch lift gate door open as a part of the theft deterrent system. Techs at dealer call gm techs to trobleshoot but no GM tech has been out yet in person to assess the vehicle. Has 403 miles on it. Pathetic and frustrated. Dealer thru a battery at it initially was not the issue. Something in the electronics is draining. Not sure why GM is taking a month to get a tech out. Supervisor at GM says it takes 2 weeks to get a rep out and the dealer is the one who initiates it. Beyond frustrated. I’m in PA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo