2021 Yukon Denali---POS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donny87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought our Denali around Jan 2021. Currently have around 12,000 miles.

1. Running board speed is stupid slow and cant adjust speed
2. A warning alarm comes up every other time regarding cameras and cameras wont work (GMC cant figure out problem)
3. Alarm started about two weeks ago saying SD card failure (GMC couldn't find issue)
4. Then a week ago the NAV started acting up and doesn't work due to some new alarm
5. Yesterday 6/4/2021 Engine light with a few other came on and SUV wont do over 50 mph
6. GMC service is terrible and they don't offer loaner cars while troubleshoot and repair
7. Getting rid of this pile of junk

on a positive side...It rides nice

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2. A warning alarm comes up every other time regarding cameras and cameras wont work (GMC cant figure out problem)
3. Alarm started about two weeks ago saying SD card failure (GMC couldn't find issue)
4. Then a week ago the NAV started acting up and doesn't work due to some new alarm
5. Yesterday 6/4/2021 Engine light with a few other came on and SUV wont do over 50 mph
6. GMC service is terrible and they don't offer loaner cars while troubleshoot and repair

“Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?”

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I am sitting in a hotel room 144 miles away from home because my engine started to shake and knock like crazy on the highway. Fun times.

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I am sitting in a hotel room 144 miles away from home because my engine started to shake and knock like crazy on the highway. Fun times.

What's the production date on your trucks?

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MY 2021 Escalade just hand bank 1 lifters and rods replaced w/ 3k miles. I have zero trust in my 2021 Escalade, 2021 Yukon Denali, GM. My local dealership (willis cadillac des moines iowa) acted like the issue was routine maintenance...which is probably was to them.​

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the production date on your trucks?

2/1/2021

Dealer is sending their own wrecker to pick it up. He is about an hour away. Driver said he picked up another 2021 Yukon up on the same exit yesterday.

Edit: Gah I'm an idiot. I knew I should have ordered the diesel. Even my wife asked me if I was sure about the gas engine because of how highly I spoke of diesels.

Last edited:

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All these things I see about this lifter issue sure make me glad I bought a Dmax….
I’d be furious if it was my 5.3 or 6.2 on a brand new vehicle and the dealer was ambivalent……

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All these things I see about this lifter issue sure make me glad I bought a Dmax….
I’d be furious if it was my 5.3 or 6.2 on a brand new vehicle and the dealer was ambivalent……

Good call my man. Cuz this sucks.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I will second that power boards are slow, my ones on 19’ Silverado I really like

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33