2021 Yukon Denali---POS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the same engine and transmission as the previous generation ...
Actually, it kinda isn't. Remember, GM says they were going to make trucks without the AFM/DOD because of the chip shortage. There might be conflict of parts in assembly, resulting in AFM DOD parts being used when the shouldn't, or AFM DOD ECM being used when they shouldn't.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Mine has been out of service a total of 33 days for fuel delivery issues. I have a build date that is in the danger zone of the bad valve springs and lifters. We have been in lemon law litigation with GM since January. I am hoping for a fair settlement so we can bail on this POS. Pretty sad when you spend 65k on a vehicle and wonder when it is going to strand you due to ****** quality control from GM and their suppliers. I have had a Honda Pilot for close to 9 years. It has close to 80,000 on the odometer and the only time it has been to the dealership was for an airbag recall. I guess I'll stick to Lexus, Honda. Acura and Toyota for my next vehicles. They are much more reliable. GM's quality sucks these days :(

Ajmalian

Reaction score
I miss the days when a new model car/truck came out and lasted at least 4-5 years before a mid-cycle refresh took place or perhaps on completion of 5-6 years a whole new model was introduced. Now you buy a new car….you have issues that was anticipated in its first year…if you waited and bought in the second year…BOOM!! GM hits you with a mid cycle refresh in the 3rd year…so u feel you’ve missed out on that. If you waited for the 3rd year model and realize that it for whatever odd reason is a screw up and wished you had the 2nd year model….the vicious cycle just never and ends and before you know it, there’s a whole new “Better model” and your stuck with a lemon from year 1 or 3 or with an outdated model from year 2. Things were great and consistent until 2014…it’s just been downhill since then. I got my 2021 Denali in Feb this year and even though I haven’t had any serious issues, I’m already regretting it with all the rumors of a new digital display coming for the driver centre and potentially paddle shifters too.
It’s all very annoying GM. Not very happy!!

Hrocks

Reaction score
Kind of a broken record, but I've lived through a couple of GM's first model years...you can be assured that you are PAYING THEM to be a guinea pig and the final "validation" segment, before they get it right.

Docknow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a new 2020 Yukon SLT last May and have had zero issues with it in 17000 miles, it is loaded. Love the ride and overall mileage since purchase using my Drivvo app on my iPhone is 19.7. Glad I purchased prior to the 2021's.

Ajmalian

Reaction score
Sadly the wisest thing TO DO is to go for the last model year before the new shape is released…but here in Dubai, typically the prices go up from the time a new model is released. So knowing that I am paying more now than I could have paid 5/6 years ago for a car that will in the very next year or in a few months be dubbed “outdated” or “the old shape” just gets on my nerves. So frustrating!!

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going by the past model 2025 should be safe to buy one of these. Funny how they get it right through incremental improvements thereby boosting confidence before crapping out another bomb.

Summajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on 2000-2006 best model made.
I was looking at trucks and my local mechanic said to get a 1999-2006 Chevy truck as they had the least issues. I am sure it is beyond frustrating on the issues being the car is 2021model. The advancements on technology is great. Imo, i have no faith in the electric computer/components after 8 years. It is not just Chevy, Ford is plagued with issues with their transmissions and engines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys