2021 Tahoe Cross Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dragonsbb16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My RST didn’t come with Cross Bars for the roof rails. I haven’t been able to find aftermarket ones. I’d prefer not to spend the 500-600 bucks on OEM.

Has anyone had any luck?

uptown_nyc

Reaction score
This is what Thule told me when I contacted them:

"This pandemic has affected our fit calendar limiting our access to vehicles for testing. Unfortunately the 2021 Chevy Tahoe has not been fitted for a rack system yet. Once we are able to offer a fit kit for this model, we will update the fit information on our website."

OP
OP
D

Dragonsbb16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I have seen some "no name" brands on Amazon...but I havent read to many reviews confirming that they work with 2021. I will continue to look, but I am not optimistic. I also have a call into a friend of mine who own a Chevy dealership, perhaps he has something for me.

This is what Thule told me when I contacted them:

"This pandemic has affected our fit calendar limiting our access to vehicles for testing. Unfortunately the 2021 Chevy Tahoe has not been fitted for a rack system yet. Once we are able to offer a fit kit for this model, we will update the fit information on our website."

tlockhart

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the GM factory ones, but wow it looks like they sit SO HIGH.

Has anyone been running these? How have they been? How is road noise with them installed?

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_20210403_151627.jpg

IMG_20201217_165517.jpg

I've had the ones from the link above almost since day 1. They do sit a hair high but there's also plenty of room when attaching stuff. No noticeable road noise. They also come with a key lock which is great so if you want to take them on and off it's super simple but I just leave mine on. I'd recommend them.

eddieb360

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I have seen some "no name" brands on Amazon...but I havent read to many reviews confirming that they work with 2021. I will continue to look, but I am not optimistic. I also have a call into a friend of mine who own a Chevy dealership, perhaps he has something for me.

What part of the country do you live in. I just purchased a Tahoe with them on it that I would be willing to part with. I am in NC. Not really interested in shipping them.

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any specific instructions on how far forward or back the cross bars should be mounted? And the distance between?

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah I just stuck em up there to whatever looked good.

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah I just stuck em up there to whatever looked good.
I was adjusting mine and got the key stuck where it wouldn’t come out once I released it. I was able to use my other key to get the rest unlocked. Hoping I can take back to dealer for a replacement under warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick