2021 Gmc Elevation whinning noise & condenser drains over transmission housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr27kentrell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 Gmc sierra elevation custom 4x4 with 18,000 miles. At 1st i noticed a/c had excessive amount of water draining over my transmission housing. ( normally drains beside the right passenger tire ) Well a couple days went by i started to hear a whinning noise while im on the highway headed home. About 60miles down the road it started to jerk. ( even if you hit the acceleration ) I pull over and had it tow to the nearest dealership. They claimed it had bad Lifters! Well 3 days of it being out of the shop the whinning and excessive water draining over the transmission continues!!!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as for the dripping you could buy a short length of hose and insert it into the existing drain line and route it however you like.
whining noise source you will need to find by listening or use chassis ears

Jsenky

Reaction score
I have that dripping too. Notice it in the summer when i park i hear the water hissing as it drips after i turn the car off.

Reaction score
Take it back to the shop/dealership and have them look for/diagnose the whining. It's a 2021 and under warranty

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Also, for future reference, the Evaporator drains and not the condenser. Just wanted to make it clear about that but everyone knows of where the water drains at.

Yes, warranty. Slam it back at them and make sure, including previous visits, that all complaints are documented and what they say is wrong and the results are also documented.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019