2021 Duramax problem already

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brett776

Reaction score
Well I swore I’d never go back to GM and I should of stood by that.
2021 RST Duramax with 1k miles. Went to move the Tahoe from the street to the driveway tonight and it wouldn’t start. Truck kept turning over but wouldn’t fire up! So now I gotta wait till the dealer is open tomorrow and have this pos towed there. Love the way it looks love the interior but facing a no start at 1k miles is unacceptable.
Anyone else having issues with the Duramax ?

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Was Onstar able to pull the codes for you? My 5.3 would not start at 616 miles. It was a bad fuel control module. Please keep us posted on what they find.

OP
OP
B

Brett776

Reaction score
Don't get your fuzz all out of whack... &%$# happens and &^%# gets fixed. Give them a chance to take a look and make it right....
All vehicles have issues here and there, from KIA's to Ferrari's....
That might be true but this is the first vehicle to do it. In my personal experience this has not happened. Never on my Ram, Jeep, or Ford.

Holy Roller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That might be true but this is the first vehicle to do it. In my personal experience this has not happened. Never on my Ram, Jeep, or Ford.
Well I guess that means you’re overdue.

But seriously, give it another try tomorrow before calling in the tow. If you don’t I’m sure the wrecker will.

OP
OP
B

Brett776

Reaction score
Well I guess that means you’re overdue.

But seriously, give it another try tomorrow before calling in the tow. If you don’t I’m sure the wrecker will.
I’ll give it a try but it’s still going to the dealer. I’ve heard on Silverado forums with the Duramax the fix is everything from replacing the ECM to replacing the engine. We will see.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be too concerned at a single occurrence. Probably just a failed sensor or connector.

If you chart the failures of any group of machines over time, it’s typically a U shape. Initial failures from defects in materials or construction that slipped past QC (where you are). Followed by decreasing failures and a long period of reliability. Then it worsens again as components wear out.

The only thing that would concern me at an early stage like this is if it’s mechanical and they go inside a complex assembly like an engine or a transmission. Not many shops or techs are capable of duplicating factory assembly quality.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not many shops or techs are capable of duplicating factory assembly quality.

I'm really confused over this statement... What does this even mean? Help me understand why factory assembly is any different or better than what a human can do.

OP
OP
B

Brett776

Reaction score
Update it started this morning. Called OnStar they couldn’t find any codes. Still going to take it in don’t want my wife and kid stranded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh