Yukon Denali 2021 Haunted Nightmare - Request advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

maddocmatt

Reaction score
An update from the Haunted Yukon :). Dealership reinstalled the BCM and the car did come online and start (which it wouldn't before). The service manager called me and told me that though it started, they are going to test drive a couple 100 miles on it with diagnostic computers plugged in. I guess it's encouraging that it now starts (my bar is so low right now for a new car like does it start and stay on :) ). They are thinking of giving it back to me on Monday. I am at 22 days in shop now and dealership said if it happens again they will buy it back even though the lemon law says 30 days or 4 attempts.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
An update from the Haunted Yukon :). Dealership reinstalled the BCM and the car did come online and start (which it wouldn't before). The service manager called me and told me that though it started, they are going to test drive a couple 100 miles on it with diagnostic computers plugged in. I guess it's encouraging that it now starts (my bar is so low right now for a new car like does it start and stay on :) ). They are thinking of giving it back to me on Monday. I am at 22 days in shop now and dealership said if it happens again they will buy it back even though the lemon law says 30 days or 4 attempts.

Well sucky situation, but cool that your dealer is trying to help you out; especially with a buy back

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I thought I would post an update here. The BCM is replaced and the dealership is testing it by driving the snot out of it. I will say the service manager who is really trying to make it right seems only partially confidant. I don't know why but he is very hesitant right now. We will see what the next couple of days holds but maybe just bad luck on one module.

He sounds like an experienced guy. :)

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is awesome!!!!! Even with the Lemon Law buy backs are rare according to my Lemon Law lawyer. Sounds like you have an awesome dealer!!!!!!!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like a future of pain... of electrical issues

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Mine has been in and out of the dealership multiple times. We are going the lemon law route since GM has had it over 33 days at the dealership. You would think in todays day and age GM could design and test a reliable product before bringing it to market. I guessed wrong. Keep us posted.

View attachment 270553
that is because the people who test the product drive like grandma and were not talking about the grandma is the cerritos auto square ads

this:
Granny Commercial - Cerritos Auto Square - YouTube

sabasigh

Reaction score
I bought a new 2019 Ford Ranger and only made it off the lot before the tail lights went out. Long story short bunch of trucks made it to dealerships with crap wiring harness connectors under the body. Since i was a guinea pig it took multiple tows & weeks in the dealership for Ford to figure out the manufacturing/supplier issue but once resolved truck ran like a champ.

But like you, i didn't trust the fix till i saw other reporting the same issue, leading to a recall...had good talks with dealer service who put the truck on the lift and let me inspect their wiring fix just to put my mind @ ease.

Hopefully this 1st year bugs will sort themselves out.

MJenn76

Reaction score
that is because the people who test the product drive like grandma and were not talking about the grandma is the cerritos auto square ads

this:
Granny Commercial - Cerritos Auto Square - YouTube
True story. Saw an undercover new '22 or '23 Escalade Test Vehicle out in the wild the other day. Guy drove like a pansy LOL, then he saw me taking pics and turned off20210211_175330.jpg20210211_175200.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

maddocmatt

Reaction score
Fireman,

What is yours doing that you are getting yours lemon lawed? Just curious to see what others experiencing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts