Yukon Denali 2021 Haunted Nightmare - Request advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon2021

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am looking for a bit of advice on my Yukon Denali. I took delivery on my new Yukon at the end of Oct 2020 after the dealership roasted the transmission on my 2015 Denali (longer story :) ).

The 2021 was awesome but started doing some very strange things culminating with me having to have it towed back to the dealership on Dec 24 because of a no Key Fob detected problem (towing is a major pain as well with the new electronic transmissions because if you can't turn the car on you can't even put it in neutral so it has to be dolly towed). The dealership had it for about a week over the holidays and determined that there was a manufacturing issue with wiring harness on antenna one (which detects if the fob is inside the car to start). They did some stuff and things and returned the car to me with sincerest apologies.

Fast forward to this past Sunday. Driving home from Breckenridge Colorado on some lonely mountain roads (285 toward Denver if anybody is wondering), the car begins to act "haunted." It starts opening and closing locks by itself. It starts resetting the climate control settings. It's turning the heated seats on and off. Kind of nervous as you can imagine. Within a mile of home, the car flashes a "car will automatically shutdown in one minute" message. It does go away and I pull into the driveway. I am planning to call the dealership the next day but when I go to lock the car from the handle buttons, it doesn't work and again the no key fob error returns. So I had to have the car towed again back on Sunday night at midnight.

The dealership kept it for a few days and has reported that the car had a bad Body Control Module and that they are in the process of replacing.

This leads me to the question at hand. The car has 3400 miles on it. Two tows before it's first oil change. And I am at the point where I don't trust the car. We bought this car for doing Colorado things with little kids (skiing, camping, going for long drives to the middle of nowhere). I am concerned about the reliability but I am not sure what course of action to take. Keep the car with a new BCM. Get rid of the car IF the dealership will work with me. Try customer service with GM directly? Or get rid of the car eat the loss (worst case).

If anybody has an opinion on the approach I would greatly appreciate it.
My Denali is haunted too. Completely left me stranded today. Zero power. Had to be drug onto a flatbed

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any details on your vehicle? Have the electrical issues only affected 2021s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beat Ta hoes