2019 Console Plate help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't know where to pry. I'm sure you just press somewhere and slide but it's not clear to me. I have been down this road before with these things and wound up snapping crap off.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Push/squeeze on the bottom of the red lock, and pull up with you finger nail at the same time then unplug connector as normal

The red safety doesn’t come all the out just lifts up enough to unplug connector

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Without understanding how it works, and there being two different types of connectors I'm just going to wait for my buddy to pass by and explain to me what these locks do and how they operate. Without knowing that I feel I will just be blindly squeezing and pushing things around. I find it odd that with how common these vehicles are there aren't any videos of someone taking them apart. I guess I'm just not that sharp lol. I liked it better when there were just two tabs you had to release and you could just unplug the old ones. I've even had no trouble with the type that rotate and unlock, but I just don't see how this operates without seeing it done.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got everything worked out! Hope everything went back together for you where you will have no pops and creaks while driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts