2019 Console Plate help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s a link on YouTube to remove the center console

Great find. I could not imagine letting most dealerships take the dash apart. I can hear the service manager now "well things never go back together like they were from the factory. "

AZ Rat

Reaction score
Great find. I could not imagine letting most dealerships take the dash apart. I can hear the service manager now "well things never go back together like they were from the factory. "

The irony of your comment...they took mine out and it’s out of alignment. Haven’t had the opportunity to take it back and have it corrected.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The irony of your comment...they took mine out and it’s out of alignment. Haven’t had the opportunity to take it back and have it corrected.
most dealerships are just screwing thier mechanics anyway paying by the job now so they are all in a rush trying to get paid what they should be getting paid. and us the end consumer get the shit end of the stick when we get handed comments like that.

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I received the part. I can now see that the drivers side of the part has a tab that sits behind the lower dash panel where the hood release is, so I will have to pull that and another panel by the door off to remove the console top. I was hoping to be able to just remove the part I have to replace but that won't be the case. I just wanted to disturb as little as possible because I hate squeaks and rattles which I'm hoping removing all this stuff won't create. I'll find that out tomorrow!

Part.jpg

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most dealerships are just screwing thier mechanics anyway paying by the job now so they are all in a rush trying to get paid what they should be getting paid. and us the end consumer get the shit end of the stick when we get handed comments like that.

Exactly, and why they are struggling to keep mechanics and hire new ones.

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the procedure is to unplug these two F****ing things? I am at a standstill because I have broken connectors in the past and these are baffling me. Thanks.

p1.jpg p2.jpg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the procedure is to unplug these two F****ing things? I am at a standstill because I have broken connectors in the past and these are baffling me. Thanks.

View attachment 224807 View attachment 224808

I think the orange pieces are some kind of safety locks that need to come off first then the plug can be untabbed and pulled apart???? :confused:

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that too but nothing wants to move and it's delicate little plastic crap that I can see snapping right off. Everyone of these things are different and I'm sure it takes 5 seconds if you know where to pull/push.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You try poking around with it with a pick tool?

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The frustrating thing is in all the videos you see nobody ever goes into how to separate these things. They just gloss over it by saying just unplug the connectors. I guess I am dense, but I don't feel like breaking anything here. I will have to wait until I can get a hold of my friend who will probably unplug it in a few seconds.