2015 XL Denali - Junk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE - The "Service StabiliTrac" message and warning lights magically went away several hours after they came on.

Drove the truck for a day, then this morning when pulling out of a parking spot I heard a metal on metal rubbing sound from under the truck and the "Service 4WD" message came back on and the truck once again will barely move during tight turns.

Back to service we go...fourth time in 2.5 weeks, third time for the same issue. Last time service told me they were 95% sure they found the problem - which they claimed was a terminal in the transfer case that was not fully connected.

Such fun.

Check out the lemon laws. 3rd time may be the magic number for you.

DocHolliday

Reaction score
...which they claimed was a terminal in the transfer case that was not fully connected.

Such fun.

Mine has been in the shop for 8 days now. The first time it was in for the service 4WD light they said they fixed it by tightening a connection at the transfer case. Light was out for about 100 miles before coming back on, I experienced the difficulty in moving the vehicle during tight turns as well. In any case, this is the second time for the same service 4WD light and after 8 days they're no closer to solving the issue than when they started.

I should also add my center navigation screen was cutting in and out and they were also investigating that issue as it happened in front of the salesman as well.

i have a GREAT dealer and they've gone above and beyond to accommodate me, but I am having serious doubts about the quality of my truck. I say "my" because I'm sure others - many others - have problem free 2015s. I just happen to have one with issues.

Last edited:

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a limited slip differential or transfer case issue? Maybe they didn't put the right gear oil or friction modifier in it. IDK.
The seat back failing is a supplier issue.,GM is putting downward pressure on suppliers to cut costs and we are paying for it. These should be things that never happen in any new car. Other things, yes, but not a seat back falling. A rear collision could have had serious repercussions.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It comes down to this, fix it right or give me a new one.
I never had any issues like this whit my new Dodge trucks. both were special ordered, both were great. I put over 600k with "0" recalls or issues on my 97. I had only 1 issue with my 04.5 3500 and it was fixed the very first time in the shop, while I waited. Both were assembled in Mexico so what does that say about auto mfgs in the US?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On another post " Yukon Died At Hghy Speed Today" the poster Centerfield was just approved for a new truck. I think that is the direction I would be headed if I was in your position. Good luck and I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with my SLT XL... Build quality is great.

OP
OP
S

SVL

Reaction score
Matt - Thanks for your post...you and I are having EXACTLY the same issue. Please keep me posted on what your dealer finds so that I can communicate it with mine. I'll keep you posted as well.

Hate to say it but I feel just a bit better knowing that there is an identical problem out there and my truck is not a one-off problem.

Those of you saying I should be demanding a new truck - I agree with you, but since I ordered it with the exact options I want I suspect it would take a good bit of time for another one to be located or built. I really have no choice but to let service work it out while GMC pays for the 2013 Suburban I have as a loaner (thru Enterprise).

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think in sue them because by the time you finish is going to be 27 months and 2019 will come out try to resolve the best way possible and be on top them all the time.
They will fixe but i you may do not want the truck later.

jlsr

Reaction score
I think you're referring to me; we just placed the order 2 weeks ago. We had been considering canceling and reordering with a bench seat instead of buckets in 2nd row but don't want to wait even longer because of the dealer requiring my trade in now in order to get max value for it. What scares me is the issues discussed here where trucks are in for service so soon after purchase. We are wondering if known issues will be fixed on new trucks produced or will we be making the long trip back to the dealership over and over.

I haven't heard any status from the dealer except GM accepted the order. The less time I have to drive my old relic the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879