2015 XL Denali - Junk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlsr

Reaction score
We've decided to go ahead and continue the order, getting excited about it; saw one in the color we ordered today on the highway and have to say it looks awesome! Now the wait. Dealer said 6-8 weeks.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is normal in new cars but the brother whit the 2015 Denali problem just have 1 choice take or bring back to the dealer, all dealer will give a loaner at the time of the repair they take they time and you have free car, they will fix

My Denali have all ready 8,490 miles 1 trip to Florida, 3 Virginia,6 Pennsylvanian,1 Canada all vacation,and still run like a champ. no problem are all. is not you fault that the guy in quality control was drunk at the moment of the approval.

Thanks GM

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...lbums/6039357799770696545/6039357794563820130

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I agree with you that there should be less issues off the line, like you said, it happens to vehicles across the board. Doesn't matter if the vehicle costs $10,000 or $100,000. Lots of high end luxury cars have the same, if not more issues off the lot. Because of what you read online, people generally only post problems, not praises. for the 1000 people online that have issues, there are 500,000 that have none. Its unfortunate, but work with your dealer to get things right.

I blame the ****** UAW workers.

I am one of those ****** uaw workers!! i would challange you to get on the line and see how well you fare!! I give 100% everyday to do the best i can. There are ****** people in every walks of life! Do you lump all cops together as bad? Just saying.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I don't doubt some people put in 100% on the job, but were all still human and make errors. I don't agree with the UAW as a whole, but that's not a discussion for this post.

Reaction score
So if you cancel, you're obviously in the market for a full size SUV, what do you buy if not the GM?

Honestly, what else is there this size or near it with this many features for $73k? Load out a GL similarly and you're $10-12k higher, and I don't want to own one of those past 50k miles anyway.

I liked the LR4 ok before it lost the V8. Already in an X5 -- too small.

??

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you may have seen my previous thread...took delivery less than 2 weeks ago and it has been in service twice, with another trip pending. The first two trips were for the "Service 4WD" issue where the truck could barely move while making tight turns. Now, the "Service Stabilitrac" and "ABS" lights are on, and the driver's seat back just fell off - was not attached properly from the factory.

It's really pathetic that GMC allows a $75,000 vehicle to roll off the assembly line with these types of issues. I understand that these things happen with any manufacturer, but based on what I am seeing online there seems to be a poor build quality trend developing with these trucks.

Those of you that are considering waiting for the later builds or 1016 model...go away for a while and let GMC get this thing right before you drop the $$.

You always run that risk when buying a first year model vehicle.. Hopefully most of the bugs will surface within the warranty period..

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you new truck doesn't come off the line Labor Day weekend. Just sayin.

OP
OP
S

SVL

Reaction score
Those of you referring to the small sample size are exactly right...and I am not proclaiming that all 2015's are junk. My original post is intended to inform prospective buyers of one person's experience which (I feel) is the essence of a forum like this.

FYI - I am having the truck serviced at the Chevy dealer close to my home and even though I did not buy from them they are very professional and appreciative of my "business".

SVL

OP
OP
S

SVL

Reaction score
UPDATE - The "Service StabiliTrac" message and warning lights magically went away several hours after they came on.

Drove the truck for a day, then this morning when pulling out of a parking spot I heard a metal on metal rubbing sound from under the truck and the "Service 4WD" message came back on and the truck once again will barely move during tight turns.

Back to service we go...fourth time in 2.5 weeks, third time for the same issue. Last time service told me they were 95% sure they found the problem - which they claimed was a terminal in the transfer case that was not fully connected.

Such fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401