2015 XL Denali - Junk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVL

Reaction score
Some of you may have seen my previous thread...took delivery less than 2 weeks ago and it has been in service twice, with another trip pending. The first two trips were for the "Service 4WD" issue where the truck could barely move while making tight turns. Now, the "Service Stabilitrac" and "ABS" lights are on, and the driver's seat back just fell off - was not attached properly from the factory.

It's really pathetic that GMC allows a $75,000 vehicle to roll off the assembly line with these types of issues. I understand that these things happen with any manufacturer, but based on what I am seeing online there seems to be a poor build quality trend developing with these trucks.

Those of you that are considering waiting for the later builds or 1016 model...go away for a while and let GMC get this thing right before you drop the $$.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
It's really pathetic that GMC allows a $75,000 vehicle to roll off the assembly line with these types of issues. I understand that these things happen with any manufacturer, but based on what I am seeing online there seems to be a poor build quality trend developing with these trucks.

While I agree with you that there should be less issues off the line, like you said, it happens to vehicles across the board. Doesn't matter if the vehicle costs $10,000 or $100,000. Lots of high end luxury cars have the same, if not more issues off the lot. Because of what you read online, people generally only post problems, not praises. for the 1000 people online that have issues, there are 500,000 that have none. Its unfortunate, but work with your dealer to get things right.

I blame the ****** UAW workers.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think electrical problems will ever go away from new models....... why

Because once they get it figured out..... they add more crap the next year. BH crap I mean features

All functions even basic ones now go through multiple BCMs etc

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After all the fallout GM took for the recall issues, they are now recall-happy for every little thing

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks no matter how automated the process has become are made by humans who make mistakes especially when it's their first time doing anything and under the pressure of hurry hurry hurry.

Imagine the quality of trucks that were built may 6th. Or July 5th. Under severe hang over conditions.

jlsr

Reaction score
I hope that some of those that are not having the issues with the 2015 Denali will chime in on their experience. We just ordered '15 Yukon Denali (not the XL ) and after reading of the issues, am worried we should not have.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Nothing out there is perfect and trouble free. I wouldn't worry. That's why you have a warranty.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with 08. I think its a learning curve from being a complete redesign. I know I wouldn't be happy if I were in your shoes but I do know this stuff happens. Thats why I will wait a few years.

GolfEsq

Reaction score
I hope that some of those that are not having the issues with the 2015 Denali will chime in on their experience. We just ordered '15 Yukon Denali (not the XL ) and after reading of the issues, am worried we should not have.

The problems that owners are reporting played a role in my holding off on this truck (Yukon Denali). I get that catastrophic problems can happen to any company's new cars (not marginalizing the OP's problems in the least), but they seem more anecdotally common among these GM triplets.

Some are saying that this is to be expected for a new model, but while the '15s are a re-design, it isn't THAT big of an overhaul. I feel like other companies have made more drastic changes and haven't experienced as many problems.

For me personally, there are other factors that keep me away from this truck (for the time being at least), but these reported problems are definitely part of the calculus.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
The 2015 is not a redesign, it is a completely new vehicle. Its not like the Expedition where its been the same truck since 04, just facelifted. Its new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts