2013 new owner towing report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I as gonna say, it should run through the radiator first, then the cooler, and back to the transmission

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
cycho

cycho

Reaction score
You can make the stock lines work with fittings to the 40 k cooler, flip the bottom bracket drill holes and reuse the stocks bolts. I made the bracket 1/4 aluminum.

View attachment 227608

View attachment 227607
I don't have a stock one. I have zero. Which line leaves the radiator to return tot he trans (our cooler in this instance) The bottom line from the radiator would make sense.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now which line is which top to bottom?

Fluid comes from the transmission and enters the bottom of the radiator and exits the top fitting. This is to keep air pockets from forming. So the line coming out the top of the radiator goes to the external transmission cooler. When we used the tube/fin style cooler, the exits were on the side and we plumbed into the bottom first and then the return came out the top. With them facing down, I reckon that it doesn't matter unless the manufacturer says so.

Costal_Cat

Reaction score
Fluid comes from the transmission and enters the bottom of the radiator and exits the top fitting. This is to keep air pockets from forming. So the line coming out the top of the radiator goes to the external transmission cooler. When we used the tube/fin style cooler, the exits were on the side and we plumbed into the bottom first and then the return came out the top. With them facing down, I reckon that it doesn't matter unless the manufacturer says so.
Doesn't matter but I just matched to my stock one with the Trucool

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645