2012 Yukon Denali, I need to hear the motor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
I love the sound and that your truck doubles as a leaf blower. :gr_grin:
That's why was pretty much joking but said I would just delete the muffler. Not at all what I'm going for but these LS3 6.2 that I see everyone on TV like Kindig that always puts a custom tone on it and they start it from open headers. Oh boy, music to my ears (probably why I'm half deaf, from all the Alice Cooper/Ozzy Osborn/ Def leopard, Black sabbath to name a few, live concerts I used to attend in the 70's. Back to the issue for me though is it WILL be the new family road trip warrior. It just needs to mellow out when on cruise control on the highway at a nice mellow 75-80 mpg. Has anyone put Kindigs cut outs on a setup like mine? (2012 Yukon Denali 6.2 LS3) With a super charger I might add in the future.
Good one!

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
Well my 2 cents, I put a FLomaster on my 5.3 in the Hoe and removed the Resonator and it is just right. However, I put a Flowmaster on my 6.0 in my 04 EXT and OMG!!! it was too effin loud. I had also removed my Cats and resonator I had to go back with the Magnaflow 2 in 2 out 3.0 inch .. Now it sounds awesome!!!! I really love the growl of that 6.0 and man it runs like a scalded monkey!!!!! Another plus is that I am getting 1.5-2.0 miles per gallon increase. I know it does not sound like much but it really does make a difference. !!
Gotta love them big motors. Mine hauls ass with my 8000 pound Yukon Denali I can't imagine it in a Vette or a Camaro!!

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
Nice, sounds perfect. Inside and out. By the way, How did you get the little driving spot lights so bright?

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
So you just did a straight muffler swap with the borla xr1 and left the cats and resonator? It sounds just perfect!! Thanks for everything.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you just did a straight muffler swap with the borla xr1 and left the cats and resonator? It sounds just perfect!! Thanks for everything.
yes it is all stock to the muffler then the last resonator is deleted, the factory pipe is already 3.5 no need to mess with it, when I had my nbs I had a lot of problems burning cats out after I messed with the pipes the cats would only last me a year, while it was being put on today I thought about deleting the resonator in front of the muffler but had second thoughts after I saw it is bolted on right there apparently so that the front section of the exhaust can be removed to drop the transmission if need be.

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
I always wondered about that front resonator. Now it makes perfect sense. Thank you.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every forum seems to have its exhaust threads. I modified several over the years but in my old age I now just let the pros design a system. Borla touring on a 18 6.2 Deanli Ultimate combined with a Cold Air inductions intake it makes some real sweet music. Cost some real dollars though so may not be for everyone.

IMG_5912.jpg IMG_6010.jpg IMG_6671.jpg

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
Thanks Darryl. That looks like a nice set up. I'm capable of my own fab work. Just getting everyone's opinion on what sounds sweet. I'll bet yours does for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo