2011 Chevy Tahoe 2011 5.3 (6L80 2WD P2723/P0700)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually sent it in to SST as they require the core to activate the 3 yr warranty.
Sucks.

Perhaps going through the fast adapt relearn again fixes the problem but from what I have seen, the fast adapts simply smooth out/normalizes the shifts that are otherwise late and hard due to the ecm increasing or maxing line pressure in response to slippage or other faults the computer previously detected.

Im still not convinced you actually needed to replace your TEHCM but hopefully Im wrong.

OP
OP
JayDaGreatt

JayDaGreatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sucks.

Perhaps going through the fast adapt relearn again fixes the problem but from what I have seen, the fast adapts simply smooth out/normalizes the shifts that are otherwise late and hard due to the ecm increasing or maxing line pressure in response to slippage or other faults the computer previously detected.

Im still not convinced you actually needed to replace your TEHCM but hopefully Im wrong.
I will deff try the fast adapts again, also i was reading an article about the "low sprag failure" & it lists the symptoms my transmission has. All i all i am deff going to take it to my local trans shop & have everything checked with the Tech2 hopefully its an easy fix. I really appreciate your help i will keep you updated.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will deff try the fast adapts again, also i was reading an article about the "low sprag failure" & it lists the symptoms my transmission has. All i all i am deff going to take it to my local trans shop & have everything checked with the Tech2 hopefully its an easy fix. I really appreciate your help i will keep you updated.
You’re welcome and keep us posted.

Low sprags don’t fail too often in stock applications once they moved to the 38 element versions in mid-2007 though it’s possible that it’s starting to roll over (sprag failure would leave you with just reverse).

OP
OP
JayDaGreatt

JayDaGreatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: All the gears work except for 2nd gear
Sucks.

You’re welcome and keep us posted.

Low sprags don’t fail too often in stock applications once they moved to the 38 element versions in mid-2007 though it’s possible that it’s starting to roll over (sprag failure would leave you with just reverse).
Update, still neutralizing when reaching 20-25 mph. Im wondering which gear this is, after it passes 25-30 all the other gears work wonderful. i even reached 80mph on the interstate without a problem. Do you think a tune with HP Tuners can help me in getting rid of this problem? Thank you for your responses i appreciate it. @NickTransmissions

OP
OP
JayDaGreatt

JayDaGreatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It hasnt set any CEL codes yet, i have noticed that if i barely step on the gas it takes a little time to reach 20-25mph but it helps it transition better but if i do step on the gas normally it will neutralize at that point until i reach that speed the other gears kick in normally after that. @NickTransmissions

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try the tune and see if that helps but sounds like its happening at the 2-3 transition so could be a bad pressure switch (no signal thus pcm is producing a false neutral condition). Have your tuner take a ride with you and laptop hooked up to see if a shift is being commanded and what's actually happening.

If the pressure switch is the problem (or any of the clutch pressure control solenoids) TEHCM will need to be replaced.

OP
OP
JayDaGreatt

JayDaGreatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try the tune and see if that helps but sounds like its happening at the 2-3 transition so could be a bad pressure switch (no signal thus pcm is producing a false neutral condition). Have your tuner take a ride with you and laptop hooked up to see if a shift is being commanded and what's actually happening.

If the pressure switch is the problem (or any of the clutch pressure control solenoids) TEHCM will need to be replaced.
Sounds good brother i will deff talk to a local tuner and go from there, this other shop quoted me 2,800$ lol said it was a cracked drum im like wow hold up i still need to contact other people. I will keep you updated thanks again!

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good brother i will deff talk to a local tuner and go from there, this other shop quoted me 2,800$ lol said it was a cracked drum im like wow hold up i still need to contact other people. I will keep you updated thanks again!
Did they say which drum they think is cracked?

And what was the $2800 covering? A total rebuild or something else?

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To clarify, I dont necessarily disagree with the shop as I recall way back in the beginning of this thread that I didnt think your TEHCM was bad and that your problems were elsewhere in the trans which could include a cracked/leaking 1-2-3-4 piston or 3-5-R drum.

Why did you decide to replace the TEHCM?

I would have not replaced the TEHCM but instead had it fully tested to actually confirm that was your problem (see post #5 and #10).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n