2011 Chevy Tahoe 2011 5.3 (6L80 2WD P2723/P0700)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Wow i didn't know that, thought if they just programmed the part to the VIN it would work, i will prob have to return lol
Check with them first - they may have modified their TEHCMs (or sold one of GM's updated versions) that can be used in a wider range of models/years.

This article gives more info

OP
OP
JayDaGreatt

JayDaGreatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They all look like that.

You need to do a voltage/amperage test w/a fused power source before condemning the TEHCM to see the readings...clicking by itself means nothing. Also, stick a straight edge on the pressure switch surface to check for warpage (it's rare, so would be surprised if you are able to see any).

I suspect your TEHCM is fine - perhaps could use a new solenoid filter screen and new seals on the pressure switches but nothing more.

For now, I'd not open that new TEHCM until you determine you actually need it or not (though it's up to you if you want to proceed w/the install).

This transmission/ECM will engage in dis-information when it comes to DTCs as many codes that are tied to solenoids have their root cause in the valve body, pump cover and/or case components.

OP
OP
JayDaGreatt

JayDaGreatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They all look like that.

You need to do a voltage/amperage test w/a fused power source before condemning the TEHCM to see the readings...clicking by itself means nothing. Also, stick a straight edge on the pressure switch surface to check for warpage (it's rare, so would be surprised if you are able to see any).

I suspect your TEHCM is fine - perhaps could use a new solenoid filter screen and new seals on the pressure switches but nothing more.

For now, I'd not open that new TEHCM until you determine you actually need it or not (though it's up to you if you want to proceed w/the install).

This transmission/ECM will engage in dis-information when it comes to DTCs as many codes that are tied to solenoids have their root cause in the valve body, pump cover and/or case components.
Deff will do the voltage test/fuse test, and i will get back at you with readings im also working on the valve body once i get home. I hope everything checks thanks for all the info!

Reaction score
Deff will do the voltage test/fuse test, and i will get back at you with readings im also working on the valve body once i get home. I hope everything checks thanks for all the info!
You're welcome, Jay!

What valve body work will you be doing? Do you have the Sonnax vacuum tester? Are you going to install the Sonnax zip kit (at least the stuff that goes to the valve body?

Reaction score
I do want to order the Zip Kit, even the bypass delete valve for the cooler lines heck im even looking into HP Tuners lol
Yea im also looking into HP Tuners as i have not done anything tuning-wise. From what my tuner buddies tell me, removing the tcc lock up in gears 1-4 is something they do frequently on these transmissions to reduce the workload on the converter clutch during in-city/town driving thus reducing heat build up.

You can "flip the pill" to allow for continuous fluid flow. Remove the thermal bypass housing, remove the snap ring on top and dump the contents out. Flip the little "pill" inside, reassemble then reinstall. There's o-rings on the housing in the cooler line ports so be careful not to break them or simply replace them if so. Search youtube, there's a few good videos covering the procedure.

OP
OP
JayDaGreatt

JayDaGreatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: Installed new remanufactured TECHM, new filter, new fluid hooked up an Autel scanner and performed fast adapts. Transmission seems to go into neutral in most gears, Reverse & Drive are fine but still going into neutral after 5-10mph. I am back to square one no codes have been set yet. @NickTransmissions

Reaction score
Update: Installed new remanufactured TECHM, new filter, new fluid hooked up an Autel scanner and performed fast adapts. Transmission seems to go into neutral in most gears, Reverse & Drive are fine but still going into neutral after 5-10mph. I am back to square one no codes have been set yet. @NickTransmissions
Double check fluid level.

Do you still have your old TEHCM or record of the part number? If so, does it match the "242..." part number on your new one?

Off the top of my head, it seems the vehicle/ecm doesnt like the new TEHCM.

Have you contacted the reman company?

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the TECHM programmed to the vehicle via ACDelco's TDS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17