Sick 6L80 Transmission - P0700 & B2AAA, P0741 & B2AAA - Resolved $$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I recall hearing in one of Richard's videos that they don't ship. Too many instances of improper install, I think was the reason. YMMV

OP
OP
RobH

RobH

Reaction score
Made it home. Now researching options. Best warranty is unlimited which is never needed.

AAMCO local - 3 year/50,000 miles nationwide warranty - unknown cost as of yet

GM - 3 year/100,000 miles nationwide warranty - includes torque converter - $4300 including tax - can be here tomorrow. Have to arrange install

Jasper - Indiana - 3 year/100,000 miles nationwide warranty - includes billet cover torque converter - $4225 plus shipping - one week delivery - plus installation

Powertrain Products, Inc. Maryland - Includes Torque Converter - Five years/1,000,000 mile warranty - $3000 plus shipping - $300 additional one time use no-fault warranty

Precision Transmission in Amarillo - Richard Crich? - can't find a website for them - the internet posted phone number on some references - 806-372-2210 - gives me a recording of no longer in use.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Precision Transmission in Amarillo - Richard Crich? - can't find a website for them - the internet posted phone number on some references - 806-372-2210 - gives me a recording of no longer in use.

Weird, it looks like the last video they posted to YouTube was 9 months ago. Maybe @swathdiver has any info?

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Richard Crich is/was the owner; just looked it up myself and showing his bus as permanently closed”. There’s also a thread on Yellowbullet discussing some falling out between him and his son, youtube channel, etc

Bottom line-you shouldn’t have to search very hard to find someone in the business so id scratch his name off your list unless someone comes up with updated info and it checks out. Too bad as he does know his stuff and seemed like he took pride in his work. ETA: he appears to have started a new YT channel.

Find out what you can about GM’s warranty claim process vs Jaspers and others on your list.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird, it looks like the last video they posted to YouTube was 9 months ago. Maybe @swathdiver has any info?
Well I'll be... He had a falling out with his son back then but they were still in business as far as I knew. However, google street view passed by in January '23 and the place was closed up. Too bad, I was looking forward to him rebuilding my transmission.

Don't think his health was the greatest, may have had to do something less demanding without his son around. The boy was foolish.

OP
OP
RobH

RobH

Reaction score
Thank you Nick.

It looks like Richard is back in business again outside of Amarillo,
but the only phone number visible is the old one that is no longer in service. Unless he has more business than he can handle, he needs to make himself more accessible. I saw an old Jasper transmission sign in the new shop.

I'm probably going with a GM. They can have one here in a day for local installation. Jasper's warranty says they may require it to be sent back to them for evaluation/repair/return.

My evaluation is that the GM warranty would be the easiest.

Powertrain Products sounds good over the phone, but I don't know anything else about them.

My Tahoe has 124,000 miles. An AFM/DOD repair may be in my future. No problems yet, but there were no transmission problems until there were. Or maybe the DOD will last another 100,000 miles. 5,000 mile Mobil 1 oil changes which I can do myself will cost a lot less.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Last edited:

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Nick.

It looks like Richard is back in business again outside of Amarillo,
but the only phone number visible is the old one that is no longer in service. Unless he has more business than he can handle, he needs to make himself more accessible. I saw an old Jasper transmission sign in the new shop.

I'm probably going with a GM. They can have one here in a day for local installation. Jasper's warranty says they may require it to be sent back to them for evaluation/repair/return.

My evaluation is that the GM warranty would be the easiest.

Powertrain Products sounds good over the phone, but I don't know anything else about them.

My Tahoe has 124,000 miles. An AFM/DOD repair may be in my future. No problems yet, but there were no transmission problems until there were. Or maybe the DOD will last another 100,000 miles. 5,000 mile Mobil 1 oil changes which I can do myself will cost a lot less.

Any thoughts, anyone?
You’re welcome, Rob.

Id go GM reman and be done, especially if the trans can be swapped at a dealer if warranty work is needed. Though call Jasper and see if they have a similar arrangement with a network of shops or something.

OP
OP
RobH

RobH

Reaction score
You’re welcome, Rob.

Id go GM reman and be done especially if the trans can be swapped at a dealer if warranty work is needed...

That's what you all have been suggesting from the start. I should have said OK and saved us all a bunch of time. For what it's worth, I know a lot more than a few days ago, but end up at the same place.

Thank you all very much for your time and help. Rob

OP
OP
RobH

RobH

Reaction score
I dropped it off at Cavendar Chevrolet near my house yesterday morning. They said they could get the tranny overnighted in.

They're going to do the rear main seal for one hour labor.

When it's done, I'll make a report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh