2011 Chevy Tahoe 2011 5.3 (6L80 2WD P2723/P0700)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JayDaGreatt

JayDaGreatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is this a Dorman TECHM? A few years ago on here, every one of them was a dud. Too bad you turned yours in so early. Never do that!
Its actually a flashed refurbished GM one, i had too without it there was no warranty

OP
OP
JayDaGreatt

JayDaGreatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did they say which drum they think is cracked?

And what was the $2800 covering? A total rebuild or something else?
Yes total rebuild, the one that engages 3rd gear & yeah brother i had to try the old one was giving bad readings while pressing the pressure switches

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes total rebuild, the one that engages 3rd gear & yeah brother i had to try the old one was giving bad readings while pressing the pressure switches
Ok, see my list in my 6L80 info thread in the 2007-2014 sub forum (engine and drivetrain) and, if you're considering that shop make sure they replace everything and perform all procedures on that list (they may opt to replace the 3-5-R drum and pump instead of welding the drum and machining the pump) but $2800 seems very low for a proper overhaul.

I charge between $3800-$4500 for a bench build, depending upon whether im replacing the TEHCM or not (ie no removal and reinstallation).

OP
OP
JayDaGreatt

JayDaGreatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, see my list in my 6L80 info thread in the 2007-2014 sub forum (engine and drivetrain) and, if you're considering that shop make sure they replace everything and perform all procedures on that list (they may opt to replace the 3-5-R drum and pump instead of welding the drum and machining the pump) but $2800 seems very low for a proper overhaul.

I charge between $3800-$4500 for a bench build, depending upon whether im replacing the TEHCM or not (ie no removal and reinstallation).
Deff Nick, thanks for all your help & feedback i really appreciate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645