2009 Suburban 2500 (GMT900) - Aux Battery System Concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gm offers both, I believe rockauto sells them. I got my dual battery factory setup parts from them, using the factory wiring setup where the battery positives both go to the starter, and the driver's side battery factory negative wire that goes to the alt bracket
I’ve looked for the GM part# with no luck.

Shannon

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I agree that overkill is actually proper engineering. Resetting a breaker or GFI is an instant payback the first time it trips.

I’ve always had pros handle the upgrades and repairs on our vehicles. That’s paid us back since the 90’s on German vehicles we’ve kept since then. Running Euro only options that were properly integrated into US spec vehicles means zero issues.

The only other recommendation I’d add if upgrading to duals is swapping all the fuses to the aftermarket type that light up when they trip. At night or severe weather finding the little buggar that needs replacement is a breeze.

GlowGeek 100pcs Assorted Auto Car Truck Standard Blade Fuse Assortment 2A 3A 5A 7.5 A 10A 15A 20A 25A 30A 35A Car Boat Truck SUV Automotive Replacement Fuses

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XY2V53...abc_NCDHZ59T6M0R731FDHE5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1