2009 LTZ Chrome?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
Alright. I've decided that I'm going for the OEM look. It's just clean & classy, IMO. I have a 2007 LTZ, which has body-color-matched door molding :(. I want this chrome - look below. Where can I get it? And give me a ballpark of what it should cost, if an exact estimate is unavailable.

5941848609_8cce4d2dc9_z.jpg

Forget the fact that I also boxed the power running boards, I kinda want those too :).

But anyway, I also want the chrome rear bumper trim, pictured below, where can I get it & for how much please?

5941848557_6836c7c3d4_z.jpg

Also, I want GM CK375 22s, but that's probably not going to happen, unless I get a job or convince my dad that 2 more inches isn't going to make the truck ride like a skateboard. But still, I realize that I've been blessed, and I'm thankful for all the things that my daddy does for me, so I can't complain :).

5942418736_649e9346f9_z.jpg

I essentially want Felix's truck in Black, with CK375s, smoked G4 tails, and no upgraded sound system :).

ALL PHOTOS IN THIS POST ARE PROPERTY OF CARMAX.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice!! I got a lot of my ideas from zach2011 who did all the same stuff also. His dad had a wrecked nnbs Denali so he got to strip the rear bumper cover/hitch cover/roof rack from it. But if you look up his name you can see all the threads he started on those topics. We apparently have the same taste which consists of a clean oem look.

Also, Why not go for the G5 tails that look identical to the escalade tails? They look more factory since it's a replica of the oem esky tails. - spent $320

Google "nordstroms auto". Call them and ask for the 09 LTZ side moulding for tahoes. 150 shipped for all four. Regardless of the colors available you should get it because you won't find it any cheaper elsewhere. I luckily got mine in the GM Summit White straight from them so I didn't even have to get it painted. If you get them from gmpartsdirect they would come unpainted black. - spent $145

The power running boards operate by a button by the AC controls so getting them put in would be unfeasible and in no way "plug and play". The ones you have boxed are oem and are a $1,095 option from GM. - not feasible

The rear bumper cover, step pad, chrome trim, and hitch cover I hunted piece by piece from a combination of eBay and craigslist. I used my sensors and existing tahoe rear bumper cover hardware to clip the one in place then sold my original tahoe bumper back on eBay. The CK375's are real nice. Good choice on rims!! - spent $550 after paint ($300 parts and $250 paint)

OP
OP
R_Sharpe

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
Nice!! I got a lot of my ideas from zach2011 who did all the same stuff also. His dad had a wrecked nnbs Denali so he got to strip the rear bumper cover/hitch cover/roof rack from it. But if you look up his name you can see all the threads he started on those topics. We apparently have the same taste which consists of a clean oem look.

Also, Why not go for the G5 tails that look identical to the escalade tails? They look more factory since it's a replica of the oem esky tails. - spent $320

Google "nordstroms auto". Call them and ask for the 09 LTZ side moulding for tahoes. 150 shipped for all four. Regardless of the colors available you should get it because you won't find it any cheaper elsewhere. I luckily got mine in the GM Summit White straight from them so I didn't even have to get it painted. If you get them from gmpartsdirect they would come unpainted black. - spent $145

The power running boards operate by a button by the AC controls so getting them put in would be unfeasible and in no way "plug and play". The ones you have boxed are oem and are a $1,095 option from GM. - not feasible

The rear bumper cover, step pad, chrome trim, and hitch cover I hunted piece by piece from a combination of eBay and craigslist. I used my sensors and existing tahoe rear bumper cover hardware to clip the one in place then sold my original tahoe bumper back on eBay. The CK375's are real nice. Good choice on rims!! - spent $550 after paint ($300 parts and $250 paint)

Well, first, thanks for the help. I was hoping you would chime in. The reason that I'm not going with G5s is simply because I recently purchased G4s, actually just before the first G5 sighting on eBay (TYF Sighting at least). I was simply saying that I want my G4s smoked :). I should be calling about that tomorrow, technically today, but still. Nordstrom's Auto, I'll try to get their number and call soon, hopefully I can get them in black. As far as the rear bumper goes... I really just want the chrome trim? Are you saying that I would have to essentially replace my entire rear bumper? Thanks for your help :).

Oh, and about the power running boards, after I posted this thread, I googled it. I decided that I don't even remotely want to get into that. They're cool to me, but not THAT cool. Lol.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh I see. Yea I had the G4 tails and loved them but in the back of my mind I always liked the shape/overall look of the Esky oem tails better. The minute I saw Fast55's thread on G5's coming out on eBay I immediately bought them since they are half the price of the OEM Esky's.

All the door mouldings from Nordstrom's Auto are colored. They got a bunch of them from a nearby Chevrolet surplus factory. About the bumper... yes you have to get all of it. If you notice your bumper step pad is just one peice. On the Esky/Denali/09+ Tahoe LTZ, it has a step pad AND a chrome strip (two different parts) that snap/clip into each other. The step pad on the Denali/Esky is actually longer then the original step pad that you currently have. So essentially if you put the new step pad/chrome strip on your current rear bumper cover, it will stick out almost an inch past the bumper itself, causing a huge gap so the chrome trim wouldn't even be flush against the bumper cover. It's worth it though because compare some pictures of your bumper and the optional GM hitch cover and the new Denali/Esky hitch cover. It's much sleeker/cleaner looking and it also covers the square box that is usually on the outside of the hitch cover (the thing that lets the spare tire down) on the old bumper cover. For the running boards, I suggest getting the Denali/Esky oem running boards with the chrome trim. It looks much better then the one's we got stuck with : /

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

ajaxnxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck and that will be a nice look!!! Hope your dad does go for the 22"

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the bumper pad with the chrome piece for $150 shipped.

I have brand new 22" CK375 with brand new tires, sensors, caps, etc...$2550 shipped

I have the black hitch cover for $100 shipped

The hitch cover will require the Escalade rear bumper tho, as will the bumper pad/chrome strip.

I have the Escalade Rear bumper too, but its for the longer wheel base, not the shorter tahoe style.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a good look.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Robbie -- there's a good chance that I'll be looking to buy a set of those wheels from you. (Dammit!) I'll pm you on Monday.

(What I REALLY like is the Esky 7-spoke 22's. Great looking wheel. But these are second best, and I could run chevy center caps in them. Now, if I could run chevy caps in that Esky wheel, that'd be perfection.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-f...hrome/22-Fits-Cadillac-Escalade-p8602740.html this site has the replica OE 22" wheels for under a G. not to mess with SuperchargedSS' post just a place to look though.

i looked on the site and didn't see them? Where are they?

I think spending a few hundred more for the real deal is worth it.

Robbie -- there's a good chance that I'll be looking to buy a set of those wheels from you. (Dammit!) I'll pm you on Monday.

(What I REALLY like is the Esky 7-spoke 22's. Great looking wheel. But these are second best, and I could run chevy center caps in them. Now, if I could run chevy caps in that Esky wheel, that'd be perfection.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny