2008 yukon denali slt clock spring replacement part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elprs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 yukon denali slt heated steering wheel won't work. ALL ok to clock spring. The "bad" clock spring, PT# 15829093 with white and pink connectors to steering wheel is different (supersess) than the new PT# 2596694 (PT# verified from multiple sources) which has yellow and blue connectors, are round and will not plug into the steering wheel (air bag driver). Is there a solution to this puzzle with out replacing the steering wheel? I am concerned about safety if I cut the new connectors off and replace them with the old ones off the "bad" part because the individual wires are not colored the same! Help!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does this one look like it's the same as your old one? Not sayin' Dorman is the way to go, but...

Capture.JPG

OP
OP
E

elprs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That one appears to be for an unheated steering wheel? Yup, I looked at the dorman site. PT# 525-032. Says wo/Heated Steering Wheel! Thanks for looking. The connectors to the steering wheel appear correct for MY steering wheel!

OP
OP
E

elprs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also, just chatted per your tip with dorman. They don't have the one for a heated steering wheel. Also, O'reilly has none. Those that do, or can get one including gmc dealers all have the wrong connecters for my steering wheel.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The new part that supersedes your old part number is missing one digit. Should be 25966964.

Isn't this the right one?

Maybe call your local GM dealer for price and availability, and to see it in person.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

elprs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oops. Sorry. A typo on my part. You are correct. PT# is 25966964. And, I have a new one with that PT# on the box in my hand. And, in the box is PT# 22911594 for 2013 - 2014 tahoe???. Looks EXACTLY the same as the pictures of 25966964 on EBAY and other sites. GMC which is a chevy dealer in my area has none to look at. Thanks. BTW, I tried another dealer in another town...they have none so I can't physically look at a genuine GMC part from a dealer.

OP
OP
E

elprs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fless, THANK YOU! Looks like the wrong part in the box. All the pictures of the part at sites other than the genuine gm parts link from you, picture the part with the wrong connectors. The gm parts pictures show the correct shaped connectors (not the round ones). And, the colors are close. White and grey instead of white and blue. I will order one from GM and see what happens.

aspendale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like this thread was dropped. Having the same issue with wrong connectors on 25966964 clockspring and wondering what others did. Is there a different clockspring to order, or are others just cutting the connectors off both and splicing in the old ones onto the new clockspring? If I go the "splice" route, any tips on matching up the right colors?

Update: I spliced the connectors from my old clock spring onto the new clock spring. Works great! If you're attempting, the new/old wires are different colors, but if you follow them back to the clock spring, just match them up so that they connect to the same locations

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like this thread was dropped. Having the same issue with wrong connectors on 25966964 clockspring and wondering what others did. Is there a different clockspring to order, or are others just cutting the connectors off both and splicing in the old ones onto the new clockspring? If I go the "splice" route, any tips on matching up the right colors?

Update: I spliced the connectors from my old clock spring onto the new clock spring. Works great! If you're attempting, the new/old wires are different colors, but if you follow them back to the clock spring, just match them up so that they connect to the same locations
Thanks for following up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2