2008 GMC YUKON HYBRID Transmission/from AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MARDIV1969

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2008 GMC 4x4 Yukon hybrid- bad transmission. The dealer informed they discontinued that transmission or parts for it. Having a hard time finding some one that would rebuild it, any body know where I can get parts for it, or get it rebuilt. Thx.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2008 GMC 4x4 Yukon hybrid- bad transmission. The dealer informed they discontinued that transmission or parts for it. Having a hard time finding some one that would rebuild it, any body know where I can get parts for it, or get it rebuilt. Thx.
Wrong Section in the forum and wouldn't it be helpfull to write where you are from? Because most sense make a local transmission shop to fix that. I guess you won't remove the unit and send it throught the country...

OP
OP
M

MARDIV1969

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you,
Thank you, I'm in AZ.

T3xasR3dRum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They do not sell any parts to rebuild these transmissions. I recently was able to find a used one an are about to remove and replace the damaged one. You have two options find a
used one or spend 11,500 Chevy will build you one takes about a year

Attachments

• IMG_1206.jpeg
    IMG_1206.jpeg
    528.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1205.jpeg
    IMG_1205.jpeg
    456.1 KB · Views: 5

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
car-parts.com

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do not sell any parts to rebuild these transmissions. I recently was able to find a used one an are about to remove and replace the damaged one. You have two options find a
used one or spend 11,500 Chevy will build you one takes about a year
Cobra transmission has parts for these listed on their website and Transsatar may have some parts as well. What drives the cost/scarcity way up are the hydro-electric motors as they are very expensive ($1500+) to replace if bad.

I havent worked on one of these units (yet) but have done a bit of research on them as every once in a great while someone will call inquiring about overhauling one of them...seem like interesting transmissions...

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cobra transmission has parts for these listed on their website and Transsatar may have some parts as well. What drives the cost/scarcity way up are the hydro-electric motors as they are very expensive ($1500+) to replace if bad.

I havent worked on one of these units (yet) but have done a bit of research on them as every once in a great while someone will call inquiring about overhauling one of them...seem like interesting transmissions...

I still might pick up a spare to have around if one pops up locally. there's a 2wd one local on market place now that I need to research if it's swappable. just something I'd stash in a corner it I ever needed it. just struggling with motivation.

but if mine went out and you were up for rebuilding one. I think I'd bolt it to a pallet and ship it your way haha.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most likely the AUX pump, controller went out on it that would be a good place to start with

or it doesn't move at all?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

@NickTransmissions

would you happen to know of any way I can find out if a 2wd one of these trannys can be converted into a 4wd to bolt the T case on it? I've looked all over online and found nothing. I'd buy a manual if I could find one.

I keep seeing posts about 6L80s being quoted $7k to rebuild these days, there's a 2wd hybrid one local for 600$. I have no way of testing it, but he says it came from a running truck. feels like it can't hurt to have in a corner if I ever need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019