2008 GMC YUKON HYBRID Transmission/from AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@NickTransmissions

would you happen to know of any way I can find out if a 2wd one of these trannys can be converted into a 4wd to bolt the T case on it? I've looked all over online and found nothing. I'd buy a manual if I could find one.

I keep seeing posts about 6L80s being quoted $7k to rebuild these days, there's a 2wd hybrid one local for 600$. I have no way of testing it, but he says it came from a running truck. feels like it can't hurt to have in a corner if I ever need it.
Unfortunately, I don't at the moment (not for 100% certain, anyway) but will be going to my transmission parts supplier this afternoon so will ask to see what 2ML70 stuff they have and level of effort to convert (though I suspect is just an extension housing assembly swap since the output shaft and rear gear train are all nested w/in that extension housing kinda like a Chrysler 42-48RE).

Will post back later this evening with what info Im able to gather and we can go from there.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@j91z28d1 - no luck at the parts place. The only thing they sell is a filter and gasket for the hybrid trans. They haven't seen a core come through in about 5 years so couldnt tell me what all had to be done for the conversion.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@j91z28d1 - no luck at the parts place. The only thing they sell is a filter and gasket for the hybrid trans. They haven't seen a core come through in about 5 years so couldnt tell me what all had to be done for the conversion.

thanks for asking.. I'm not surprised at all that they haven't seen one in a while. low production numbers and I believe most out live the battery and the afm stuff leading up ending up in junk yards before the trannys gives up. I'm just hoping to keep mine for a very long time. I have seen a few posts here and there that did sound like a motor or something went bad and not just a bad diagnostic blaming the tranny for failing undersized prius batterys in a 6k lbs truck haha.

I get the feeling if this one ever goes, I might have to try my hand at rebuilding haha.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for asking.. I'm not surprised at all that they haven't seen one in a while. low production numbers and I believe most out live the battery and the afm stuff leading up ending up in junk yards before the trannys gives up. I'm just hoping to keep mine for a very long time. I have seen a few posts here and there that did sound like a motor or something went bad and not just a bad diagnostic blaming the tranny for failing undersized prius batterys in a 6k lbs truck haha.

I get the feeling if this one ever goes, I might have to try my hand at rebuilding haha.
You're welcome, man.

It will make for an interesting rebuild project.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Another issue is the X175 connector getting backed out pins OR chafed wires near the parking brake area

Causing a No start or NO shift condition
See TSB

Halomez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2008 GMC 4x4 Yukon hybrid- bad transmission. The dealer informed they discontinued that transmission or parts for it. Having a hard time finding some one that would rebuild it, any body know where I can get parts for it, or get it rebuilt. Thx.
I've seen them on LKQ from time to time.

Knagawa350

Reaction score
Anyone able to find a manual for the 2ML70? I’m attempting to rebuild the two clutches that failed. (Clutch 4 and clutch 1-3) hybrid ones are fine for now. I found an article online showing both are the same assembly behind the first electric motor coming back from the bell housing. I sourced all the parts and had GM verify part numbers

Jerald Burley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've seen them on LKQ from time to time.

I have 2008 GMC 4x4 Yukon hybrid- bad transmission. The dealer informed they discontinued that transmission or parts for it. Having a hard time finding some one that would rebuild it, any body know where I can get parts for it, or get it rebuilt. Thx.
I am in the process with trying to rebuild my 2008 Tahoe Hybrid transmission because the transmission shops in my area (Alaska) aren't familiar with the transmission and the dealership states there aren't any 4x4 transmissions available in the US. The website I found for parts is smcautoparts.com. if you do find a guide please let me know, I haven't been able to find anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia