2007 Steering Wheel replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. Trying to get a new steering wheel for my 07 Suburban, p/n 15917931. Cannot seem to locate one, and GM sites all list as "backorder".

I can find wheels for 2010-2014 trucks; is there any way to use those wheels? Can I sway my clock spring and air bag to the newer wheel?

I'd assume the wheel itself would fit on the steering shaft, no?

Mark

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi. Trying to get a new steering wheel for my 07 Suburban, p/n 15917931. Cannot seem to locate one, and GM sites all list as "backorder".

I can find wheels for 2010-2014 trucks; is there any way to use those wheels? Can I sway my clock spring and air bag to the newer wheel?

Mark
1 left
not sure what the differences are on a newer one electrically, I know a few of us bought out the last stock of the heated ones a couple years ago

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 left
not sure what the differences are on a newer one electrically, I know a few of us bought out the last stock of the heated ones a couple years ago
GM makes runs of them from time to time. They go out of stock and come back in later on. Of course, this happened after I bought a nice used one! A lot of those aftermarket ones are really sharp!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mark
The newer part numbers will physically bolt up and work. The difference between the first two years and 2009+ is that on the phone controls, Bluetooth connectivity was introduced then. So you could swap over your old module and be in business. The trim panels also cause the part numbers to change, you might pick one with Titanium or other colors instead of black if that suits you.

OP
OP
B

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swathdiver, so you are saying the newer actual wheel is physically the same; I could just swap over my controls, clockspring and airbag and be good to go?

Mark

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swathdiver, so you are saying the newer actual wheel is physically the same; I could just swap over my controls, clockspring and airbag and be good to go?

Mark
Well, you will have to double check on the clockspring but everything else is physically the same, just swap over the right side controls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu