2006 gmc yukon xl slt air bag service light is on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine works fine, but it’s WiFi not Bluetooth. Bluetooth elm327 won’t work with iPhones.
This was the reason why I got the MX but for some reason it just stopped working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's been long enough. Firmware needed updating but then I got the command time out error and I tried reset that didn't work either. So had shoot off email. Joys of updating firmware. Must be something in reset I'm doing wrong .

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Do you have another vehicle to try it on? I haven't had the Hoe connected with it lately, but my MX+ BT works fine on my Fusion. And it tells me when a firmware update is necessary so I'm up to date on that.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I figured it out on MX Bluetooth . It's the firmware updates that make them stop working .

First turn off all bluetooth on cellphone ..

Power cycle the adapter ( plugin light on and unplug and plug back in ) should have solid green and fast flashing blue .. Turn Bluetooth back on cellphone Then pair to Bluetooth. Then open the obdlink MX app . don't hit connect instead go to settings. Then find firmware update tik and when that open just tick on top right dots. It says firmware recovery. Tap that and follow prompts. Check for updates and then download and In stall. Makesure battery on cellphone and truck charged good .
Because takes bit to do and it tells ya keey needs to be on to update firmware..
And make sure you have latest app.. it updated here just yesterday .. My cellphone has Android 9.0 .. There might be more info on there website just search firmware recovery .. Mine showed me in the reports that air bag code was B0100 .. Remember my yukon xl is 2006 but has 2007 electronics stock it's just how they did them ..

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got p,u,b,c codes .. Pretty scary when you can see them all .. I'm hoping good ground fix some of them .. lol..

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at this code nightmare.. I'm hopping cleaning ground cables make some go away . lolf01651d788a97192ea56f0c0522b629e.jpg

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at this code nightmare.. I'm hopping cleaning ground cables make some go away . lolf01651d788a97192ea56f0c0522b629e.jpg

Actually I cleaned the ground cables under the drivers door today and that cleared some of my electrical problems right away. Problem is they were rusted bad. My stereo died last fall, just today I heard the sweet sound of music from my Yukon today. Plus seems it fixed a few other things. Still have the odd problem but it makes it one less possibility. Oh when you clean those grounds under the driver's door the guy said to put undercoating on them so they don't rust again.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I cleaned the ground cables under the drivers door today and that cleared some of my electrical problems right away. Problem is they were rusted bad. My stereo died last fall, just today I heard the sweet sound of music from my Yukon today. Plus seems it fixed a few other things. Still have the odd problem but it makes it one less possibility. Oh when you clean those grounds under the driver's door the guy said to put undercoating on them so they don't rust again.

I would be surprized if it didn't clear a bunch of those. My battery ground was at the front by the driving light. The two under the drivers door and the one I didn't get yet is the end by the engine block. The top firewall connection was easy. Had to use a dremell and it was great. Used a blue stone.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

For the next time you have to clean them, undercoating might be a little messy to remove. I use paint on mine, both sides, since one of my threads is stripped and I had to put a bolt through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT