2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS “service air bag”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have had same issue for years, replaced both front impact sensors and still have issue, figured a while ago that it was most likely the clock spring. Removed one from a similar year Yukon and wow! What a pain, honestly don’t know if I can sway the clock spring with a used one…so I’ve been having the service airbag for a while now

Why not get a good scanner on it to see what's setting the code?

Mrrobalo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, just got a new to me 05 Yukon Denali with 125 on the clock. My Son has a high mileage luxury car dealership here in Fl. and has been looking for a nice SUV for me to pull the travel trailer and offshore boat for months. Found it a a private auction ,Only light on is the service air bag . I put my code reader on it and NOTHING so while taking a stroll through cyber space I read about the reader being on the same fuse as cigarette lighter. Sure enough blown 15 amp fuse under the hood so replaced it and plugged in code reader ans sure enough it worked. BUT unfortunately it didn’t pick up a code from the airbag senor . No other codes either.
im second owner and was originally purchased from up north . With that said it has a lot of rust underneath but topside and interior are in excellent shape. I crawled under her found the 2 front sensors and the whole areas have surfac rust and I imagine that’s what is causing them not to work. I looked them up and they range from $ 160 to $ 300 so was wondering if they can just be cleaned up and put back on ??? Anyone try to do it Otherwise I like the shade of red in the cluster LoL.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a code reader that can read those kinds of codes. An engine code-only reader won't read SRS codes. Without the code you're working blind, and there's a code if there's a light on.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, just got a new to me 05 Yukon Denali with 125 on the clock. My Son has a high mileage luxury car dealership here in Fl. and has been looking for a nice SUV for me to pull the travel trailer and offshore boat for months. Found it a a private auction ,Only light on is the service air bag . I put my code reader on it and NOTHING so while taking a stroll through cyber space I read about the reader being on the same fuse as cigarette lighter. Sure enough blown 15 amp fuse under the hood so replaced it and plugged in code reader ans sure enough it worked. BUT unfortunately it didn’t pick up a code from the airbag senor . No other codes either.
im second owner and was originally purchased from up north . With that said it has a lot of rust underneath but topside and interior are in excellent shape. I crawled under her found the 2 front sensors and the whole areas have surfac rust and I imagine that’s what is causing them not to work. I looked them up and they range from $ 160 to $ 300 so was wondering if they can just be cleaned up and put back on ??? Anyone try to do it Otherwise I like the shade of red in the cluster LoL.
If you end up buying front impact sensors, buy OEM. The Dorman sensors will throw a code for the incorrect part.

Plato442

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why not get a good scanner on it to see what's setting the code?
So like my EFi Live scanner or my blue driver Bluetooth scanner??? Used both, same code, replaced the impact sensors with oem, still the same code. Process of elimination…it’s not the front impact sensors unless it’s the wiring OR the clock spring.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So like my EFi Live scanner or my blue driver Bluetooth scanner??? Used both, same code, replaced the impact sensors with oem, still the same code. Process of elimination…it’s not the front impact sensors unless it’s the wiring OR the clock spring.

Post up the code to narrow down where to test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts