2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS “service air bag”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eugene Sapiro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone please help if you know.
Sign came up a few days ago.
I checked wires under passenger seat and nothing was loose or broken.
Anyone has any suggestions?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Getting the code that set the airbag message will help you track it down. Once you get it post it up.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You really need the code. Any auto parts store should be able to read it for you.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Absolutely. The code will tell you left or right as well, otherwise you’ll be guessing unless you replace both. Pretty normal for one to go out, the other o e follows shortly thereafter

Bill Barnes

Reaction score
Most likely front impact sensors. They are mounted under the front bumper, and are pretty easy to replace. I replaced mine at 165K miles after the "SERVICE AIR BAGS" message popped up. I have a Harbor Freight Zenith ZR13 diagnostic tool, and it showed that the left sensor had failed. It was very corroded. If you need assistance, YouTube has several videos showing how to locate and replace the sensors - do BOTH of them!

Plato442

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have had same issue for years, replaced both front impact sensors and still have issue, figured a while ago that it was most likely the clock spring. Removed one from a similar year Yukon and wow! What a pain, honestly don’t know if I can sway the clock spring with a used one…so I’ve been having the service airbag for a while now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts