2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A pipe on the Kumasaki? No, I don't want to put anything on it but the minimum required parts and a new owner on the seat lol. All the parts were just delivered so hopefully I'll have it running and the 4l60 in the White dog turd removed tonight!

The exhaust setup I did on my rancher is kinda way too loud, I need to do something about it.

Last edited:

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A pipe on the Kumasaki? No, I don't want to put anything on it but the minimum required parts and a new owner on the seat lol. All the parts were just delivered so hopefully I'll have it running and the 4l60 in the White dog turd removed tonight!

The exhaust setup I did on my rancher is kinda way too loud, I need to do something about it.
Makes sense.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if theres a product you can spray inside a muffler to add to its sound dampening properties?

With firearms if you have a dry suppressor it works decently well but if you fill the suppressor with a fluid it works considerably better while the fluid is still in there. They also makes wet suppressors that are much smaller and filled with a jelly like medium, despite their reduced size they are still effective until the medium is used up.

Obviously expecting thousands of miles out of some junk sprayed in a muffler is asking a lot but who knows it would be an interesting idea.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if theres a product you can spray inside a muffler to add to its sound dampening properties?

With firearms if you have a dry suppressor it works decently well but if you fill the suppressor with a fluid it works considerably better while the fluid is still in there. They also makes wet suppressors that are much smaller and filled with a jelly like medium, despite their reduced size they are still effective until the medium is used up.

Obviously expecting thousands of miles out of some junk sprayed in a muffler is asking a lot but who knows it would be an interesting idea.
Interesting indeed. Never heard of this for mufflers, but would be pretty cool. “Check the muffler and blinker fluids please..”

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting indeed. Never heard of this for mufflers, but would be pretty cool. “Check the muffler and blinker fluids please..”

Hahaha not so much a fluid that would be used up and replaced, I was thinking like an insulation spray. Kinda like spray foam which is widely used down here in commercial and residential buildings. Something that could be sprayed in and adhere to the outer shell to give the sound waves something to absorb into rather than bounce around like a tin can. Obviously it would only really be used in a muffler like this with little to no packing inside.

Just a thought I can see plenty of reasons why it wouldn't work but it would be nice.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got 16.9 mpg last tank! That's got to be the best I've seen in as long as I can remember and it wasn't "optimum conditions" IMO. Drove about 3 days of my regular commute which is 17 miles one way and averages a good mix of 55mph roads and some 35mph city streets with traffic. Then yesterday I shot up to Ocala to sell some parts and averaged 75-85mph on the highway for about 55 miles one way. Got there at the predetermined meeting time of 1815 and upon arrival, I got a message saying the buyer would be there more like 1900-1915. So I watching videos for an hour with the truck idling and AC on blast. So with about half of my driving being regular commute and half higher speed cruising with an hour of idling in between, I got 16.9 mpg! Before the alignment, my average was just 13.5-14.5, and highway not being a whole lot better.

A proper alignment really helps mpg and I suppose this truck's alignment probably hasn't been right since I first got it. It makes me really want to get a set of lighter wheels and put some highway tires on it to see if I can squeak closer to 20 on the highway. I'm sure there's a few things that could be cleaned up on the tune as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts