2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theyre ok in rain....not as bad as i thought, that viscous awd tho

I don't have drive wheels traction problem, it's 100% the front end shooting in whichever direction it pleases during a mild puddle event. Could still be partially due to the jacked up alignment. WIll be getting it fixed Thursday hopefully for the final time.

That tread design actually works real good in water. Those center grooves let the water exit out the rear in a rooster tail. :happy107:

The pattern looks good but the 6/32" tread depth is sketchy at best :eek:

I'd love to see @randeez showing us how well they work in some awd tight radius wet surface donuts :thumbsup:

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have drive wheels traction problem, it's 100% the front end shooting in whichever direction it pleases during a mild puddle event. Could still be partially due to the jacked up alignment. WIll be getting it fixed Thursday hopefully for the final time.

I'd love to see @randeez showing us how well they work in some awd tight radius wet surface donuts :thumbsup:

lol my tire guy was like, these fookin things are already on the wear bars

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oops, r2 drag radials not g2 aw my bad.
I’d rather see @randeez doing dry surface tight radius donuts like the ricers.:head3:

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to questioning my exhaust setup, since there is no way to fit dual 3" over the axle, a single 4" is the future. With the massive Flopro taking up so much space I don't think there would be room for a merge pipe after the muffler, and I don't think the available off-the-shelf merge pipes would fit the odd offset of the Flopro outlets (See pic 1). The search for a dual 3" inlet single 4" outlet muffler led me to the Gibson 788050S (link/pic below), its 8" round, 24" body, and 30"total where the Flopro is 12x9 and same body length. My main concern would be that since it has significantly less internal volume its ability to reduce drone would be reduced, maybe the 4" outlet would be quieter than the dual 3"?

The possibility of adding a 4" resonator after the axle is a good possibility, or a pair of 3" before the muffler still possible just more difficult.

2506.png
(https://www.amazon.com/Gibson-Performance-Exhaust-788050S-Stainless/dp/B008CLO6YU)
51KS-lx9%2BiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to questioning my exhaust setup, since there is no way to fit dual 3" over the axle, a single 4" is the future. With the massive Flopro taking up so much space I don't think there would be room for a merge pipe after the muffler, and I don't think the available off-the-shelf merge pipes would fit the odd offset of the Flopro outlets (See pic 1). The search for a dual 3" inlet single 4" outlet muffler led me to the Gibson 788050S (link/pic below), its 8" round, 24" body, and 30"total where the Flopro is 12x9 and same body length. My main concern would be that since it has significantly less internal volume its ability to reduce drone would be reduced, maybe the 4" outlet would be quieter than the dual 3"?

The possibility of adding a 4" resonator after the axle is a good possibility, or a pair of 3" before the muffler still possible just more difficult.

2506.png
(https://www.amazon.com/Gibson-Performance-Exhaust-788050S-Stainless/dp/B008CLO6YU)
51KS-lx9%2BiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I don't know enough about exhaust brands/sounds to weigh in on this but it looks like you're on the right track. I have magnaflow muffler on my orange truck and their catback on my camaro. Reasoning behind both was, they were quiet....