2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I hear someone say that I cuss my dinky Hobart Handler 140. Poor ole girl has just enough balls to burn clean 3/16"

Shiiiit, thats plenty for some exhaust and a little crossmember notching. I have a little lincoln thats good for about the same thickness. I hate that welder. Someday I'll pick up a new miller 252 or something along those lines.

Casey has a mig/plasma thats "eastwood" brand. Its impressed me thus far. I'm not sure who actually builds it or what the longevity will be, but for the money, its really not a bad pair.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard great stuff from those Eastwood welders, I'd love to get a plasma cutter too but my next purchase will likely be a big boi Tig machine.

The hard part of the cross-member notch isn't so much the welding but getting a grider or something up in there to clean everything up and make CLEAN cuts not jagged shit like I usually do lol. Then of course how to raise the tail pipe into the newfound space.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've heard great stuff from those Eastwood welders, I'd love to get a plasma cutter too but my next purchase will likely be a big boi Tig machine.

The hard part of the cross-member notch isn't so much the welding but getting a grider or something up in there to clean everything up and make CLEAN cuts not jagged shit like I usually do lol. Then of course how to raise the tail pipe into the newfound space.
Def could use a lift to do that job! I thought you had one.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the welds look great if you dont look at them

i'll post some pics of V2.0, its still pretty ugly. but in between all that there are some good beads laid 2" at a time. would need some sort of turntable or lathe to be able to run it any better around tubing, it is annoying as said

Behold...a sample of the quality you're in for

20210416_190515.jpg 20210416_190439.jpg 20210416_190429.jpg 20210416_190415.jpg

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

much better! Every time you weld, you will improve. In 6 months, you'll look back and these remind yourself of that

if you can hold a continuous bead without burn through, you dont really have to do circles or back forth or whatever, you can just run a straight line. *if it's hot enough to not have roll under and will lay flat