2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just trying to distract you until you get the bad news :console:

Don't worry the heads are still in motion lol. I was making a list of stuff I need to do to swap them (in the far future) lifters are top on this list. The current lifters are as mysterious as the bottom end, but I have no idea what lifters I would want to go to, maybe Johnsons. Also, the heads come with a set of OEM rockers with a CHE trunion kit I'll probably put those up for sale I figure they are worth a minimum of $200 which gets the cost of the heads down to below $1k!

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry the heads are still in motion lol. I was making a list of stuff I need to do to swap them (in the far future) lifters are top on this list. The current lifters are as mysterious as the bottom end, but I have no idea what lifters I would want to go to, maybe Johnsons. Also, the heads come with a set of OEM rockers with a CHE trunion kit I'll probably put those up for sale I figure they are worth a minimum of $200 which gets the cost of the heads down to below $1k!

I did ls7 lifters on my camaro and the avalanche motor. BTR trunnion upgrade on the rocker arms for the avalanche. I think my camaro has stock rockers, I can't remember.

Thats a heck of a deal on those heads. Chop chop!

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did ls7 lifters on my camaro and the avalanche motor. BTR trunnion upgrade on the rocker arms for the avalanche. I think my camaro has stock rockers, I can't remember.

Thats a heck of a deal on those heads. Chop chop!

I did LS7s in my RCSB but I've been seeing mixed stuff about them lately, I might fork out the extra moolah for something moar betterer lol.

I'm trying to find as much crap as I can to sell so I can assure myself I NEED the heads

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well @pwtr02ss, I pulled the trigger with Wilkies. $714 with shipping back to me, not bad at all if you ask me. Not sure how long it will take, i'm in no rush to install them but I am excited to see them collect dust on my shelf.

Awesome! IIRC, its about two week lead time. I ordered my heads 12/22 and received them 1/8. Thats pretty fast considering the holidays.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! IIRC, its about two week lead time. I ordered my heads 12/22 and received them 1/8. Thats pretty fast considering the holidays.

Wow that's crazy fast! I don't expect anything for a month so.

alignment?

Saturday at 0930 big dog, come on up and hang out if you want lol.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well @pwtr02ss, I pulled the trigger with Wilkies. $714 with shipping back to me, not bad at all if you ask me. Not sure how long it will take, i'm in no rush to install them but I am excited to see them collect dust on my shelf.
Damn man. That sounds pretty good! This is for just the porting, right? I really want to figure out heads, valve springs, etc.. so I can start getting parts. I want to get decent heads, for a non-turbo application, cam and intake (leaning towards the Fast RSX)

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn man. That sounds pretty good! This is for just the porting, right? I really want to figure out heads, valve springs, etc.. so I can start getting parts. I want to get decent heads, for a non-turbo application, cam and intake (leaning towards the Fast RSX)

That's porting, valve job everything but assembly and disassembly. I'd seriously reconsider the fast intake save the money and get a TBSS or NNBS intake and throttle body. Put the extra funds to heads IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10