2003 yukon exterior door trim moulding removal??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Summajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have located in great shape four exterior door trim mouldings in white with the center metal trim. I know they have 3m double sided tape on the panels. I will be removingthem from the salvage yard. I don't have an electric heat gun with me. Aside from using heat what else can i do to remove the mouldings and prevent cracking the panels or bending the metal trim??

Thanks,

OP
OP
S

Summajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking dental floss or something like the harbor freight windshield wire removal kit. Has a thicker wire and concerned it cut the panel up.

OP
OP
S

Summajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking braided fishing line with two pieces of wood each end of braid working in a saw cut motion will work great.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had to do this kind of removal work, but dental floss is super strong fiber and is waxed. The slippery waxed floss might glide through the cut a little easier. I suppose you could apply paraffin wax or bar soap to the braided fishing line for the same purpose.

jeffg

Reaction score
I have a roll of 50lb test fishing line just for removing badges. it works pretty well, but I always have heat available too. Maybe just wait for a nice HOT day.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a roll of 50lb test fishing line just for removing badges. it works pretty well, but I always have heat available too. Maybe just wait for a nice HOT day.
Yes, in salvage yards always 10 to 15 degrees warmer with all that metal laying around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep