1 Ton Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YukonandtheHOE

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wont have to stuff anything since the 6.0L is the same external dimension as a 5.3L. We arent talking SB vs BB here. But GM doesnt make a "Big Block" LS engine by GEN 1 definitions. I can set a 6.0L and 5.3L down in front of you and you wont be able to tell me which is which in 2 seconds. I set a Gen1 BB and SB down in front of you and you will be able to point to the BB in .5 seconds. The Gen1 BB is YUGE! The heads alone are freaking huge when compared to a SB head.
100% just chunky trans is different, marginally at best. Love me some big blocks! Now put a BBC beside a BBP or 500 caddy

Last edited:

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% just chunky trans is different, marginally at best. Love me some big blocks! Now put a BBC beside a BBP or 500 caddy
Those 500 BB caddy engines had some seriously huge heads on them and them old engines could get those old huge 70's bodystyle cars to move. I use to service one for a guy that owned a pet grooming shop. It was an old 70's Coupe Deville. Ive seen it sideways doing a burnout. I may or may not have been involved! :p

OP
OP
YukonandtheHOE

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those 500 BB caddy engines had some seriously huge heads on them and them old engines could get those old huge 70's bodystyle cars to move. I use to service one for a guy that owned a pet grooming shop. It was an old 70's Coupe Deville. Ive seen it sideways doing a burnout. I may or may not have been involved! :p
I got one from a 71 Eldorado in my 89 c2500 phantom dually project. Simmering away in the back. Funky motor mounts on the caddy imo. A strait up ear casted in the block to run a bolt and nut through :think:.
EDED8EBB-8DB3-4D4B-AE29-59C5CE1272C2.jpeg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That doesn’t scratch the surface! when I’m on rotation doing my Millwright activities for the Petroleum outfit on the Mackenzie delta, this is my Daily driver!
01 silverdoe on a 02 24v/5spd shipping crate chassis. 21x49 Irok’s. :lol2:
View attachment 374013
YES.

Also, I spent 5 years working drilling rigs in Wyoming, Montana and NoDak in my early 20's. The rig roads in the Red Desert were bentonite clay, and would get slicker than snot on a doorknob when it rained.

What did I drive? A RWD 1982 Toyota Celica with tire chains, of course. Never once got stuck but the bottom got so caked with mud sometimes that the shift linkage would get frozen in place. Ol' toolpusher was so impressed he'd make a bet with the hands on whether I'd make it in when it was bad. He always bet on me, and he always won.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That doesn’t scratch the surface! when I’m on rotation doing my Millwright activities for the Petroleum outfit on the Mackenzie delta, this is my Daily driver!
01 silverdoe on a 02 24v/5spd shipping crate chassis. 21x49 Irok’s. :lol2:
View attachment 374013

I like this guy. What about that car in you avatar?

OP
OP
YukonandtheHOE

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES.

Also, I spent 5 years working drilling rigs in Wyoming, Montana and NoDak in my early 20's. The rig roads in the Red Desert were bentonite clay, and would get slicker than snot on a doorknob when it rained.
Cool, My late teens till mid 20’s I was Heavy Equipment Operating and Wrenching on the last bit of Oil/Gas Drilling operations in the Mackenzie Delta. I work rotation up their now. 10months of blistering winter, 1 month of summer.

Heres a photo of the ol Rickshaw form back in the day, 87 Pathfinder 35x15.5 TSL’s.

DB884FBA-93EF-42C0-9BC0-B25F0D73A6CA.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26