07Burb's SLOW "build up"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, just turned 225k on the clock this weekend. She's running strong and plugging along.

I recently sold the 22's off it and am running around on some 20s temporarily. They are High Country wheels. I'm not sure what I'm doing next to be completely honest. I just know I'm bored and wanted a change and the 22s needed new tires anyway so seemed like the perfect time to make myself move forward with some kind of change and reignite some enjoyment with it. I might stay low and just get some different wheels or raise it up and get some different wheels with an A/T tire. I really just don't know.

In July, we'll be at 10 years of ownership and the wife is super attached to it so doesn't look like we'll be unloading it anytime soon (barring some unforeseen epiphany(sp?)) so I'm just looking to reignite some kind excitement in it again. I'm bored! LOL

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, just turned 225k on the clock this weekend. She's running strong and plugging along.

I recently sold the 22's off it and am running around on some 20s temporarily. They are High Country wheels. I'm not sure what I'm doing next to be completely honest. I just know I'm bored and wanted a change and the 22s needed new tires anyway so seemed like the perfect time to make myself move forward with some kind of change and reignite some enjoyment with it. I might stay low and just get some different wheels or raise it up and get some different wheels with an A/T tire. I really just don't know.

In July, we'll be at 10 years of ownership and the wife is super attached to it so doesn't look like we'll be unloading it anytime soon (barring some unforeseen epiphany(sp?)) so I'm just looking to reignite some kind excitement in it again. I'm bored! LOL
Its a good color and served you guys well.... go up this time....;)

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Maybe some mechanical mods. Nothing crazy, just a little sumptin', sumptin' :D, you know, to get the kiddies to school a little quicker.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe some mechanical mods. Nothing crazy, just a little sumptin', sumptin' :D, you know, to get the kiddies to school a little quicker.
As many people as I see trynna go fast in these heavy land yachts and then having nothing but issues with reliability I'll have to take a hard pass on that while this is my wife's DD :)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...so I'm just looking to reignite some kind excitement in it again. I'm bored! LOL

Make it look like this:

z71-suburban.jpg

Put a 9.5" rear axle in it with 3.73s and a Corsa Sport or Touring exhaust. Then, when you're bored again, drop a 6.2 in it with a 4L70 Supermatic. Good for another twenty!

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make it look like this:

z71-suburban.jpg

Put a 9.5" rear axle in it with 3.73s and a Corsa Sport or Touring exhaust. Then, when you're bored again, drop a 6.2 in it with a 4L70 Supermatic. Good for another twenty!
It certainly wouldn't take much to get the stance of the pic. I've still got my stock spindles so I could certainly slap those in with a front leveling kit and stock rear springs and i'm there. Then would just need some different wheels and tires.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make it look like this:

z71-suburban.jpg

That looks bad ass. What size tires you think they are? Wonder if they are rubbing...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It certainly wouldn't take much to get the stance of the pic. I've still got my stock spindles so I could certainly slap those in with a front leveling kit and stock rear springs and i'm there. Then would just need some different wheels and tires.

Don't forget the Z71 flares and front fascia parts! I always thought they look real tough like that, remember that 2500 Yukon XL a while back, someone put those flares on that and boy that looked cool too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157