07Burb's SLOW "build up"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, that looks great.

What is your process going to be for the detail and paint correction?
I’ve got a couple different DAs to choose from. I use some quality correcting compound, followed by polish and then wax. After the polish, if it still needs some help I’ll throw in an all-in-one as a 3rd step

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a couple different DAs to choose from. I use some quality correcting compound, followed by polish and then wax. After the polish, if it still needs some help I’ll throw in an all-in-one as a 3rd step

What DAs do you have? Do you have different sizes? I have a Rupes Duetto. This has been something I have wanted to do for a long time. I cant believe how many different products that are available, its crazy. I don't even know where to start haha. I have read up about 3M Perfect-It kit and have a couple of different bottles of Chemical Guys VSS and Jet Seal. My paint is rough, it will need some serious attention. You Caddy looks great.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
What DAs do you have? Do you have different sizes? I have a Rupes Duetto. This has been something I have wanted to do for a long time. I cant believe how many different products that are available, its crazy. I don't even know where to start haha. I have read up about 3M Perfect-It kit and have a couple of different bottles of Chemical Guys VSS and Jet Seal. My paint is rough, it will need some serious attention. You Caddy looks great.
Have you clayed it?

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a griots with a 6” backing plate and an Adams mini with a 3” backing plate for the smaller sections. Also have a Porter Canle with a 6” backing plate that I recently got from Fosscore because he can’t use it where he’s going.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you clayed it?

I haven't clayed it yet. I will definitely be claying though.

I have a griots with a 6” backing plate and an Adams mini with a 3” backing plate for the smaller sections. Also have a Porter Canle with a 6” backing plate that I recently got from Fosscore because he can’t use it where he’s going.

Ahh very cool, nice collection you have. I'm going to be getting the 3" conversion so I can do the same with mine. The duetto has a 5" backer and I have a decent selection of pads.
I was just reading and watching about claying. I have the nanoskin clay towel but I'll be picking up a couple of bars of regular clay. It definitely needs it, I regret using my Tahoe as a work truck.