07 yukon denali motor mounts go bad every year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pete,
Your idea for checking the motor mounts does work. I have used it before. However, I do question how being in reverse will check the passenger side. The torque the motor feels doesn't change direction, no matter the gear selection. The motor and tranny input shaft/pump/torque converter is still rotating the same direction when in reverse. The reversing happens in the tranny after the torque converter, so the engine doesn't know/feel any difference in reverse.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clunking noise/feel when accelerating then coming off throttle or coasting and then accelerating.

That could also be a sliding yoke sticking on the trans output shaft. We had mine up on the lift and the mounts were ok but the yoke sticking caused a similar issue. If you accelerate slowly it doesn't make that clunk...

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you using OEM mounts are cheap aftermarket ones? The aftermarket ones are cheaper for a reason. Use the GM ones and that will last much longer.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Open hood and apply ebrake, start truck and with left foot holding brake pedal and trans in drive press gas pedal, While looking through windshield observe engine. If bad motor will lift up on driver side considerably, do the same in reverse to check passenger side mount.

This doesn't always work for the right mount because generally the right mount will collapse and cause excess vibration to be felt. When accelerating the left mount gets pulled up and the right mount pushed down so unless someone is flooring it in reverse all the time the right mount will generally not break the same way as the left. The best way to test the right mount is to put it in drive and if you feel vibration then put it in neutral and see if it goes away.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This doesn't always work for the right mount because generally the right mount will collapse and cause excess vibration to be felt. When accelerating the left mount gets pulled up and the right mount pushed down so unless someone is flooring it in reverse all the time the right mount will generally not break the same way as the left. The best way to test the right mount is to put it in drive and if you feel vibration then put it in neutral and see if it goes away.
I have this issue in my work car... I wonder if it's the mount

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pete,
Your idea for checking the motor mounts does work. I have used it before. However, I do question how being in reverse will check the passenger side. The torque the motor feels doesn't change direction, no matter the gear selection. The motor and tranny input shaft/pump/torque converter is still rotating the same direction when in reverse. The reversing happens in the tranny after the torque converter, so the engine doesn't know/feel any difference in reverse.
Yes, and the transmission is bolted to the engine so as the transmission tries to turn the driveshaft in reverse and is resisted by the E-Brake, the torque will twist the motor/transmission assembly the other direction.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pete,

Try it, tell me what your motor does in reverse on brake giving it gas.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019