07 Tahoe LT - Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

challett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone offer any advise on the proper suspension package for towing before I call GM? I'm towing a tandam axel boat trailer rated around 3800 - 4100lbs and Tahoe shocks are factory installed, and my guess is that they are the standard shocks for that vehicle. The truck has an awful rough ride under certain scenarios such as, change in road surface, and general peaks and valleys in the road. I have the boat trailer looked at twice, and had the tahoe at a Chevy dealer to look over. Essentially in the cab I'm lurching forward and back

Everyone comes back and says everything is fine. Gave my boat/trailer mechanic a ride and he could definetly feel what I was describing, which wasn't a normal ride. I suspect the Chevy guys were right when they said my shocks were fine.

I'm told there is several different shock/suspension setups, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a proper package or setting. Also, do all 07 LT's have the Automatic Leveler?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
By Automativ Leveler you mean Autoride feature!
To better help you look under your Tahoe and see if the rear shocks are blue and black or orange and black. If Orange and black you have Autoride!
Next up, using the rear step pad and the running boards, jump on the rear pad closest to the left of the vehicle and jump off (don't fall lol), repeat the same for the WHOLE car and see if the Tahoe bounces excessively before settling at any of the four shock test points (Right front, left front, rear left, rear right).
If it does bounce too much your shocks are out, which means they need replacement.
Pedders has good lift, lower kits. Also look at upgrading to Bilstein HD shocks in the front an rear, and maybe even a Firestone Airbag helper kit for the rear coils to help that boat load!