'07 Tahoe driver door ajar warning?????!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe LT

So I go to head home from work last night. I get in and fire it up. When I start to drive the "driver door ajar warning" starts flashing on the dash and the bell starts ringing. I stop and slam the door shut and it still does it. But eventually it stopped. When I got home and parked I get into the house and the damn alarm stars going off. I hurry up and run outside and unlock and open and it stops. I lock the doors, slam the door shut. All seems fine. I get back into the house and it does it AGAIN. This is 10 PM pissing the neighbors off looking like an ass LOL. WTF? The 2nd time I ran out I hit the red alarm button on the remote and it stopped and was ok the rest of the night.

Driving to work this morning still getting the door ajar warning. I am guessing somehow the alarm was set to turn on automatically if I park the truck and lock it up?? I don't know much about that stuff. Both door actuators were replaced with now ones about 6 months ago. Halp?:(:mad:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Sounds like your drivers door switch has gone bad. It is not like older vehicles where it was a separate switch in the door jamb.

On these trucks the switch is built into the door latch. The reason your alarm is going off is because you locked the doors using the remote which automatically arms the alarm. Since the door switch is bad the alarm "thinks" the door has been opened and triggers the alarm.

For the time being you should be able to lock the door by using the key in the door handle to keep from arming the alarm.

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your drivers door switch has gone bad. It is not like older vehicles where it was a separate switch in the door jamb.

On these trucks the switch is built into the door latch. The reason your alarm is going off is because you locked the doors using the remote which automatically arms the alarm. Since the door switch is bad the alarm "thinks" the door has been opened and triggers the alarm.

For the time being you should be able to lock the door by using the key in the door handle to keep from arming the alarm.

Appreciate the response. Few things to point out. The door latch switch was already replaced about 6 months ago. In the process the little plastic lever for the linkage to the key lock broke the fugg off, so the key lock is inoperable right now. (Still too pissed off about that to drop another 60 bucks to fix it right away.)

I never use the remote to lock the doors, only unlock them because the key is disabled. So when I park I use the door lock switch to lock the doors.

Now an update on day 3 it's not doing it, it's acting totally normal. :/

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pressing the electronic door lock button inside will also arm the alarm, the only way to lock it without setting the alarm is to manually press the door lock down on the door just for future reference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods