07/08 vs 09/14 exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've wasted enough effort just corresponding with him. Those parts for sale don't exist in this context.

I agree 100%, and honestly it took me a sec to realize this was a scam with the number of emails that were being sent and the quick replies definitely through me off

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%, and honestly it took me a sec to realize this was a scam with the number of emails that were being sent and the quick replies definitely through me off

They're getting smarter, but also dumber-er. I had one PM me and I wasn't even looking for a part. I was just talking about something in a post with another (legit) TYF member and the scammer twisted it around. It'd be cool, but I don't think we do enough commerce here to have some sort of a "verified trader" or "trader feedback" system short of a dedicated thread. Last I knew, LS1Tech has a trader ratings thing in place.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're getting smarter, but also dumber-er. I had one PM me and I wasn't even looking for a part. I was just talking about something in a post with another (legit) TYF member and the scammer twisted it around. It'd be cool, but I don't think we do enough commerce here to have some sort of a "verified trader" or "trader feedback" system short of a dedicated thread. Last I knew, LS1Tech has a trader ratings thing in place.

True true and they come in in droves haha.
It would be nice. LS1Tech is pretty legit, been over there for about 13 years and had decent luck. It's just a bit big, I like TYF it's more personal and I like the humor that goes on here :)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True true and they come in in droves haha.
It would be nice. LS1Tech is pretty legit, been over there for about 13 years and had decent luck. It's just a bit big, I like TYF it's more personal and I like the humor that goes on here :)

I pretty much only stop by when searching for or selling stock or performance parts. Tons of engine info, though. But, you're right- we pretty much have everything we need covered right here.

FasterBass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a model year change for the 6.2s, 2011 introduced the newer setup:

You can also see the differences on Walker's website. The 51578 listed above is the one I'm running with the 5.3 since 2018.
How was the fit/finish for the 51578? I have ~140k on my original y pipe and I think its about time to put it out to pasture, but havent found a great replacement option yet.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally found an OE y-pipe from an 07/08 Cadillac.

I just want to quadruple check that this will actually fit my 07 Tahoe?

I think the only difference I see besides the diameter of the tubing is the driver's side kicks out, must be to clear the trans.

Any and all info is much appreciated

As always thanks guys

EDIT: I just ordered it after reading through this thread it seems to be the correct one and I am able to return it without issue. So, I'll update this when I get receive it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It finally showed up.

Attachments

• Y pipe.JPG
    Y pipe.JPG
    480 KB · Views: 10

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally found an OE y-pipe from an 07/08 Cadillac.

I just want to quadruple check that this will actually fit my 07 Tahoe?

I think the only difference I see besides the diameter of the tubing is the driver's side kicks out, must be to clear the trans.

Any and all info is much appreciated

As always thanks guys

EDIT: I just ordered it after reading through this thread it seems to be the correct one and I am able to return it without issue. So, I'll update this when I get receive it.

Wow- with converters. $$$
What's funny is, today, I picked up a complete exhaust from that flange where it meets the Y pipe to the exit (with nice stainless tip) from an '07 Escalade. It's going on my '08 Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019