07/08 vs 09/14 exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow- with converters. $$$
What's funny is, today, I picked up a complete exhaust from that flange where it meets the Y pipe to the exit (with nice stainless tip) from an '07 Escalade. It's going on my '08 Tahoe.
I'm gonna get a 3.5" factory exhaust someday too. Gotta let that future 6.2 breathe!

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I had people haha, I live at the end of the earth and any shop that would have something is about 3 hours away.

My set up will be 3" front to back with a Magnaflow 12279 and I'm still debating whether to do a dual set up or single.
I'll put a v-band in there to have some flexibility.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always heard that a large single pipe flows better than two smaller pipes.

Same cross-section, but less internal surface area, and less weight. I wish Engine Masters would test that out, or maybe they did one about the myth of back-pressure (you don't need any) vs. exhaust scaveging (in a race car - yes).

I heard this from a speed shop that did mostly turbo engines, and had a dyno to back it up.

Last edited:

Carlo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's a good point, I wonder if there is a difference between 2wd and awd? I can contact the seller of the Escalade Y pipe and see if they have any info.
Appreciate the info my friend.

That's good to know, I had no idea Tahoe had that option.

All of them PMed me.
Whiteben185 he started a PM then deleted it.
Job878 he also started a PM gave me Raymonds info below then deleted it.
peteriley = peteriley3839@gmail he was still emailing me yesterday but has since stopped.
Not sure if this guys is a member but one of the "member" gave me this info stevenraymond75@gmail Raymond Steven, this is the guy who sent me all those ridiculous pictures and never answered my questions.

Thanks for the info
I was searching a part too and Peteriley answered. First via the forum but soon he wanted to have contact via email. After we agreed upon a price he wanted me to pay via Paypal with the Friends & family option and sent me a Paypal account that belongs to Alexander Santiago.... With the Friends option on Paypal you can't turn the sale back and your money is gone if the guy doesn't deliver the goods. I said thanks but no thanks....not any activity with the account of Peteriley on this forum so I'm super suspicious.,

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was searching a part too and Peteriley answered. First via the forum but soon he wanted to have contact via email. After we agreed upon a price he wanted me to pay via Paypal with the Friends & family option and sent me a Paypal account that belongs to Alexander Santiago.... With the Friends option on Paypal you can't turn the sale back and your money is gone if the guy doesn't deliver the goods. I said thanks but no thanks....not any activity with the account of Peteriley on this forum so I'm super suspicious.,

Sounds a little fishy. Any expensive paypal purchase between unknowns should be G&S.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been chipping away at the jig.
It is a challenge that's for sure. The angles of the flanges and tubing will be interesting to see how it turns out.
I may buy one of the cheap aftermarket ones to see how it will line up just for s***s and giggles.
What's also interesting is how the factory flanges are odd shapes. Drivers side is welded and odd shapes flange that is GM specific and the passenger side is a ball and socket typical 3 bolt flange. And I can only find stainless replacements by Stainless Works. I'll see if I have any 1/2" stainless lying around and make some using them as a template.
Enough blabbing, time for bed it's been too hot lately

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flanges showed up. Not too impressed honestly, there are no landings for the tubing machined inside, no provisions for the ball and socket and the factory drivers side bolts are quite a bit larger than the bolt holes in the odd shaped flange.
But being the only stainless ones available and coming from SW, I knew what I was getting into.
Waiting on a double and single slip joint and just some odds and ends.
Have a great weekend

Attachments

• SW flanges.jpg
    SW flanges.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't say this has been my priority, wish there was more time in a day.
But, been chipping away when I can. What is the most difficult is the 3 bolt flange connections. I'm trying to make this completely bolt on with zero modifications. My first hurtle was the passenger side ball and socket joint (basically a very short steep transition) which nobody makes them from 2.5" to 3.5" so, I had to get a little creative and I just came in from making the first one. Not bad huh? Haha. I'll trim it down to something very close to the size I cut off the factory Y pipe and let the fun begin. The rest should come together like a very difficult puzzle with really small pieces. This is what I find relaxing, like yoga until something doesn't go as planned then I'm like a bull in a China shop haha.
Have a great week everyone

Attachments

• transition-5.jpg
    transition-5.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1
  • transition-1.JPG
    transition-1.JPG
    210.9 KB · Views: 1
  • transition-2.jpg
    transition-2.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 1
  • transition-3.jpg
    transition-3.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 1
  • transition-4.jpg
    transition-4.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 1

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't say this has been my priority, wish there was more time in a day.
But, been chipping away when I can. What is the most difficult is the 3 bolt flange connections. I'm trying to make this completely bolt on with zero modifications. My first hurtle was the passenger side ball and socket joint (basically a very short steep transition) which nobody makes them from 2.5" to 3.5" so, I had to get a little creative and I just came in from making the first one. Not bad huh? Haha. I'll trim it down to something very close to the size I cut off the factory Y pipe and let the fun begin. The rest should come together like a very difficult puzzle with really small pieces. This is what I find relaxing, like yoga until something doesn't go as planned then I'm like a bull in a China shop haha.
Have a great week everyone

You flared that piece? Nice! How? Looks like a purpose-built exhaust machine did it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts